Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X7 Install - graphics problem

FTI2007

I am having a graphics issue also...

After I create a tool path and the instant back plot shows up on the screen, I can scroll in & out and it stays there but when I depress the scroll wheel to rotate it disappears

until all motions ceases then reappears... until you rotate again. Also disappears when you manipulate your view with the Space Pilot.

This is in the main graphics window not the simulation window.

Graphics card driver & 3Dconnexion software are up to date

Is this new by default or possibly a bug?

Bridgeport, that has been an issue in the beta phase and still with the production release. I mentioned it to CNC during a phone conference. It's much worse if you import a 2d drawing from Autocad. I have no clue if CNC is working on the issue.

Aaron,

Will you or anyone else at headquarters verify this also?

I am having a graphics issue also...

After I create a tool path and the instant back plot shows up on the screen, I can scroll in & out and it stays there but when I depress the scroll wheel to rotate it disappears

until all motions ceases then reappears... until you rotate again. Also disappears when you manipulate your view with the Space Pilot.

Is this new by default or possibly a bug?

Bridgeportboy,

Are you using classic backplot or the new Mastercam Simulator? What 3D connexions device do you have? What are the driver versions of your graphics card and 3D connexions software? Are you using a standard config or something you moved up from X6?

I can not duplicate this on my system, but I will ask around to see if anyone else knows about it or has an answer.

Peon, I loaded some DWG files and it worked just fine as well.

Aaron, Thank you.

Jim, I'm talking about the instant backplot that shows on your screen immediately after you create a toolpath.

Version information will have to wait till I get back in the shop tomorrow.

Simple contour path around a square shape using MC defaults for tool, depth, etc, etc, etc.

Geometry stays on screen, toolpath disappears while rotating and reappears as soon as motion stops.

I also did a complete uninstall today and a fresh install without migrating anything over to X7

and the issue was still there.

Thanks

Steve

I had this problem during early X7 betas but no longer.

I don't recall doing anything to fix it

3D Connexion has new drivers out (3/28/13).

If you're running one of their devices, it's always a good idea to keep the drivers current

piccy 1 shows instant backplot, I can roll the wheel button on my mouse in and out and the backplot stay on the screen,

zooming in and out accordingly.

Piccy 2 shows what happens when you depress the wheel button to attempt to rotate or pan the view,

The toolpath disappears.

post-44334-0-06047900-1368280792_thumb.png

post-44334-0-78624900-1368280811_thumb.png

Geometry stays on screen, toolpath disappears while rotating and reappears as soon as motion stops.
  1. ^ I always thought that is how it functions normally. Out of curiosity I just confirmed it by trying it on X5, X6, and X7.

2. However if you change a depth or something and re-generate the operation the toolpath disappears while rotating but does not reappear when motion stops. I have often wondered why it functions in this way but that is how its been since at least X5.

3. In an observation related to your quote, you will notice that when you run a toolpath in backplot (X6 style) the toolpath does stay on screen while you are rotating and when rotation stops.