Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Recommended Anti-Virus

Reko

Hi,

I have never had an anti-virus running on my system with Mastercam because I never go to any questionable sites.

I have never had a problem in over a decade on my work computer... until now.

I picked up one of those virus scanners that claims if you buy it, it will solve your problem... which, BTW, is likely creating the problem in the first place.

I did a system restore, so I think I am good now, but moving forward, I think it is time to add a lightweight anti-virus software.

What are your suggestions for something that runs light and does not interfere with Mastercam or Solidworks?

Thanks.

Microsoft security essentials, free, lightweight, integrates with windows 100%, never had any issues with it.

Never any issues with MCX, or Solidworks, or any program for that matter....

I have a USB thumb Drive that I use at customer's to load files, take files etc, every now and again I plug it back into my laptop MSE catches trogans/virus in a split second.

• Like 1

Microsoft security essentials, free, lightweight, integrates with windows 100%, never had any issues with it.

I have a USB thumb Drive that I use at customer's to load files, take files etc, every now and again I plug it back into my laptop MSE catches trogans/virus in a split second.

+1000

Microsoft Security Essentials here too. Best there is. Been using it a long time and not one time have I had a problem. And it doesn't bother you all the time either, unless you have a problem. If anyone knows how to stop crap from hacking it's way into Windows, it's Microsoft. Think about it.

Oh, and being a conspiracy theorist, I am a firm believer the virus companies are creating these viruses :)

After doing thousands of MCX installs AVG is one of the antivirus programs that does not play well with MCX.. not all the time but more often that not. I have never been able to figure out why some and not others

I used Norton Internet Security for years.. but our IT dept put MS Security Essentials

on my work machine and it seems to be doing a good job ... so I'm trying it on my home work station..

So far so good..

On my Win8 tablet, I can't install MS Security Essentials..

They have taken Windows Defender and Security Essentials and merged them into a single

package.. which is named Windows Defender and does the job of both.

+1!!!!

Just don't visit, "funny" websites. And no one ever wins an iPad on the internet.

Click smart and you'll be ok.

• 4 weeks later...