Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Corrupt Tools

Yes happened to me just this morning. Had two 2 inch dia bull ems they were tool 1 and tool 2 with diiferent holders but were identical tools. Everything was fine last night when I saved. When I opened the file this morninig I got the corruted tools error. Mastercam renumbered both tools to tool 1. And some of the paths that were using tool 2 were now using tool 1.

The warning that your seeing probably could have been worded a little differently. The word 'corrupt' could have probably been replaced with the word 'duplicate'. I don't know all of the technical details but I do remember seeing some issues where people couldn't delete tools from their part files. After investigation we found that they were duplicate tools and the only way to fix it was with this "clean-up" functionality in X7. The check is done when you first open the file so you don't get yourself into any trouble. The cause of this has been corrected so once you remove the duplicates you should never see this again. It seems to crop up mostly when importing X6 files.

CamMan, I'm not sure why you had to save and re-open the file. I haven't seen this. If you still have the original file can you send it to [email protected] so we can take a look?

Biggest issue I am having is that if I select the same tool and give it a different tool number and projection length it works fine while the file is in session. If I close the file and reopen it than I have duplicate tool numbers for the same tool. Very frustrating because then I have to renumber the tool and make sure it is being used in the correct operation then regen.

Same with me. Started a brand new X7 file. Used same tool from library but needed three different projections so therefore three different tool numbers. Worked on file for awhile saved and worked on another project for a few minutes came back to file with the three similar tools and got the corrupt tool error. Then I also had to renumber the tools because two of them had the same tool number. It also messed up my tool holder selection.

I've had this problem since day one. Always with programs that use two of the same tools, (e.g. two 3/8 END MILLS) and with one or more toolpathgroups.

Just 10 minutes ago I opened a file from Friday. One of two 3/16 e.m. was dirty. I delete it from the toolpath manager, add 3/16 E.M., regenerate, and then close mastercam.

Open Masterscam again and the 1st 1/36 is dirty!!!!(the one that wasn't dirty in the first place)

And the kicker is that it only got dirty in one of the machine groups. Where the first time it got dirty on both groups.

• Like 1

This happens when you are in an operation and you pick the same tool twice. For example, you make a contour opp, then select get tool and pick a .5" end mill. Then you make a finishing opp with another .5" end mill. Save file. Open file. corrupt tools.

The only work around I have found so far is to use the tool manager. Toolpaths-->Tool manager. Create the two tools. Create the toolpaths. Save. Open. Works.

Hope this helps somone. --

Al,

Just an FYI, there is something esle going on in there too. I've had many go corrupt that are single use tools.

One thing I have noticed,I did mention it when talking with Rob @ CNC this morning, it "appears" that something with multiple machine groups is not helping

I had this happen to me this morning.

Yesterday I opened an X6 file, saved it as X7, made a few edits, posted the code.. no problems

This morning I opened the X7 file and got the Corrupt File warning.

It said 4 tools were corrupt, but only deleted one of them, A single point boring bar

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all corrupted tools.

You have this problem becouse in old MC X file you changed machine group name;

Mastercam X7 tool manager is working O.K. if your machine groupe is as defoult;

for ex: Machine Groupe-1, Machine Groupe-2, so on:

Machine Groupe-1 is in Mastercam X config as user defined, so

in old files you have to change machine group name to this, but not manually;

create new machine group with new name as defoult Machine Groupe-1

and copy and paist toolpaths from old machine to the new groupe

OK. Sign me up for this problem too. I got an error when trying to post, see the pic "multiple tools error". And the other picture shows a tool path that's not dirty but the tool is not even listed but look in the Quick View window and that's the tool. This is turning into a real mess, especially when it doesn't seem to know what it's posting. This is just a small sample of the tool issues I've been having. Any hope of a fix soon?

Kevin K.

post-43611-0-88672200-1371844530_thumb.jpg

post-43611-0-15104900-1371844720_thumb.jpg