Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

x7 sp1

tedly

A note about the Automatic Update Feature: This feature will download the appropriate SP1 exe file based on your operating system to your c:\users\<UserName>\AppData\Local\Temp\Mastercam X7 folder [where <UserName> is your pc login name] in case you cancel the process after a download or need to execute it on another system.

Hope this helps!

The download available on the Mastercam support page is an install package, not an update.

If you use that, you should uninstall X7 then run the X7SP1 download.

Yeah? I downloaded it, installed it, and it updated my X7 to X7 SP1 :)

I must admit, the download looked pretty big for a service pack (unless there were a lot of bugs to fix... LOL)

Yeah? I downloaded it, installed it, and it updated my X7 to X7 SP1 :)

I must admit, the download looked pretty big for a service pack (unless there were a lot of bugs to fix... LOL)

Yeah, it's not quite as modular as we'd like yet... But we'll start dropping things out of the updates as we can confirm it won't break anything. You'll see the weight falling off in the future :)

Guys - why is the SP combined into the X7 instal? Is the X7 a different version from the initial release?

This change started with X6 due to the installer and methods we incorporated. I don't have the particulars as to why, I believe it had something to do with the Sps and MUs having to be install on the main product and because of that no mechanism to just uninstall the SP pieces. It's all or nothing.