Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

CHANGING KEYS

Jack K

What is the paging memory set for on eacn computer. You will have one that might be bigger than the other and that might explain why it works on one and not the other.

Crazy millman

win98 right click on my computer then propetries then virtual memeory

win2000 right click on my computer then propetries then advanced then performace options then change here you can adjust how much page memory you have for each computer i have mine at like 2200 mb when set low it make thing go slow and crash on this computer

win xp if you have not put my computer on the screen which is ver yeasy to do then you go to control panel device manger and follow the same as win 2000 from there

Good Luck let us know if that helps

Crazy millman

It's in screen configure under allocations tab and it allow you to set the memory you allow MC to take from your computer, if you don't do complicated (multi surfaces) parts and/or 3D toolpaths it'll not give you problems but when you start pushing it you'll need to increase those allocations: database allocations in KB and toolpaths allocation in KB. HTH!

Simon! cool.gif

Jack K,

1.0Gb of RAM is usually enough but check your Allocations for toolpath memory in the Screen-Configure dialog box. If it is a value which is greater than half of your total system memory (512Mb) this would cause that error to appear on the screen. If it is too low, the error usually reads something like "Toolpath allocation is too low to calculate toolpath" and you might see a "hard drive" icon appear in the lower right corner of the screen. Your total memory allocation in Mastercam should never exceed the amount of memory you have on the system minus the amount of memory other applications and the O/S need to operate.

T@T@LO,

Mastercam's memory allocations tells you how much RAM Mastercam will use to help it work with the database (geometry) and toolpath calculations. Most surface toolpaths require a much higher toolpath allocation than 2-D toolpaths and surface/solid geometry utilizes more memory to help it keep the geometry intact. HTH biggrin.gif

T@T@LO,

With your machine's RAM in mind,

quote:

my pc here at work is only 1000 mhz

256 mb

64 mb video-card.

do not use more than a total of about 128Mb for your allocations. What I would set for the last two fields under allocations (Database and Toolpath respectively), is 64,000 Kb for each or some combination of those two numbers. They may not need to be that high but I wouldn't push it any higher than that. I might, given your situation, set the Database to 32,000 and Toolpath to 32,000 and see how that works before going to 64,000. Also as a rule of thumb, Mastercam tends to work better when using the serial numbers such as 4,8,16,32,64 and any of their multiples, just like with the memory itself. HTH cheers.gif

Nope T@T@LO it is called good business sense. If I spend 10 to 12 hours a week wating a a computer to output code at our shope rate I am losing double shop rate the intinal time plus the time I can not be putting on something else. At $75 dollars and hour I am losing $1500 to $1800 dollars a week of production if the computer cant keep up. You do the Math is a $3000 computer better than the $78,000 dollars a year of wasted production.

My Computer at home is a P4 2.2 mhz with 1 gig of memeory a DVD and a CDRW burner with a 120 Gig hard drive and a 128 mb video card. Guess it is bad when you are willing to spend more on a computer for home than most business.

Crazy Millman