Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Lazy Iskander dirty tricks Inc .

Fig sign

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every opened contour you chain in one direction and not breaking the action in opposite to the start entity

Settings :

chain->partial->wait:+>yes

Indications :

starting entity click on ->click on the last possible entity to select (if no branching that is the last entity) ,click on it in opposite direction ,click on start entity :+>say end here

Example

tp1.jpg

tp2.jpg

tp3.jpg

tp4.jpg

This is old style selection .not automatic ,still much less time then to build geometry

InSaNe ReGaRdS

Iskander,

I downloaded from Cadopia, and that one will let me save the drawing. However I do not have much luck getting a better convertion, if it is because the drawing was created on a alien program as you suggested, or if it is the fact that I am still using version 8 in Mastercam so I have to save throw IntelliCad as 2000 format and there for just have except these condisions til we can upgrade, I guess I do not have another choice to live with that smile.gif . I apreciate your help.

Thanks

Lars

PS. I got your mail and will answer you when I get home.

This is a reply for a thread

http://www.emastercam.com/ubb/ultimatebb.p...3609;p=1#000000

A way to make points on entities intersection

Fast ,but rather dirty smile.gif

Copy tehm to another layer

Create fake drill operation

select all entities ,all depthes zero

modify->break->at intersection :+>select all entities

Create fake drill operation

select all entities ,all depthes zero

5.Now post first operation with a postprocessor with forced X and Y output without sequence numbers ,strip it from everything except XY coords of points and save the file

6.Now post second operation with a postprocessor with forced X and Y output without sequence numbers ,strip it from everything except XY coords of points and save the file

7. Open both in Cimco edit .compare two windows

8.save result as file

9.export result with Files->converters->ascii (delete existing file -no,points yes to some custom active level )

10.enjoy

11.It is a way to go till Ron ,Bryan or someone else produces C-hook or Vbscript

I tested this thing and it works like charm

HTH

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Mastercam X from close distance .

Change at point option -this is former edit toolpath

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Use this dialog box to make point-specific changes to a toolpath. The values displayed in the fields are the values currently in effect. Select the check mark in front of a field to activate it, and enter a new value.

Use the Manual Entry window to insert text in your toolpath. If the other options on the dialog box don't let you change the toolpath in the way you want to, you can use this option to enter Gcodes or Mcodes right in this window; choose As code to tell Mastercam to insert the text as NC code directly in the part program. Otherwise, Mastercam will format the text as comments.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Good newa -it is fully assosiative now !

That means it will not disappear after regeneration and toolpath is not locked.

Bad news -it is still icon3.gif y

But with a bit of reason and self-limitation it can be used nicely and it is much easier to use that former toolpath edit

First of all you do not edit the NCI file ,you edit your contour geometry ,and this is basic

difference .

Open chain manager ,right click on needed chain select change at point and the rest is simple .

To stay away from troubles follow my humble indications :

Write a toolpath only for final depth and without multicut .

Run after regen change at point and produce the change you want.

Now add multicut and depth cut.

Never use tab option ,it knocks down the change at point function

Example of change at point

edittp.jpg

ITHH

HTH

HF