Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Surface Rough Pocket Gouge

crazy^millman

I have a big File like 22mb. I have a left and a right of A part. I am doing a surface rough pocket and it goes fine untill I get the the 5th step then for some reason it cuts a circle into my bounding box area. It does fine every where else and does not repeat this on the right side of the part only the left. I am only cutting model board but the scary thing is what if this where a casting or stainless. I just dont understand why it goes into the boudary when I tell it not to and only one time not through the whole part. If anyone would like to look at the file I will put it up on the FTP and it will be zipped but still going to be big. I am open to any thoughts as to why it is doing this.

Crazy Millman

The File is going to be 5008FLIP.ZIP in the MC9 files.

Hey Millman,

is the program bombing out on Mcam or the machine? If it's the machine and not showing up on Mcam check the size of the arc in your program. If I remember right, your running some Fadals over there. The Fadal has a 999.99 max radius it can run. Any bigger and the machine will bomb on you without any apparent reason.

John

Hey John316, the Fadals I've seen have a maxrad of 399 inches (confirmed by the Machine tool dealer) from my experience, been there gouged that frown.gif

Millman^Crazy, Rob@fain, others

The problem disapears when regened with V9.1SP2, I see by the data path on your NCI file that your using c:mcam91, so do you also have V9.0 installed? Are you using the SP2 as well? I'm wondering if the software is using something out of your c:mcam9 dir.

I can post my regened file if required.

Allan

It does show up in Verify, It also shows up in Backplot, It shows up on the Posted Program, and worst of all it shows up in the part.

I have all the latest and greatest service packs installed minus having the Disc from my Dealer that I can have. I also erased the toolpath and started over still did it. I ended having to edit the toolpath and take out about 5 lines of code.

I also checked the model. I also made sure all of the chian was joined.

This has nothing to do with the Fadal giving me a fit in this case.

Crazy Millman

Millman^Crazy

Get that disk right away, some kind of bug there for sure. As I've said I've regened with V9.1SP2 problem goes away. My install of V9.1 started out as V9.1SP1 and was updated to SP2 thru the patches, I have no other installs of MC and I'm using the default dir c:mcam9.

Do you still have V9.0 installed in a dir called c:mcam9? I'm still thinking MC is using something from V9.0.

HTH

Allan

P.S. cadcam I used Cimco edit to see the bad arc move in the posted code.

Yeah I have my install in folder Mcam9.1 and the 9.0sp1 in the Mcam9. I dont like erasing a good working version of something. I will wait for the disk and just wrok thtough it.

Crazy millman say a big thanks to all that looked at this one and helped me in the ways they did ie just good old been there done that to the pointing me in a better direction. I will be back in here tonight about 12:00 to flip this part I am working on. Customer hit the roof over that gouge so now have to rush to replace that set of parts. Such is life.

Crazy Millman

How about temporarly renaming the directory that v9.0 is in to something else, then regen, see if problem goes away. I'm very curious if it does.

quote:

Crazy millman say a big thanks to all that looked at this one and helped me in the ways they did ie just good old been there done that to the pointing me in a better direction.

Sounds like I am not included in the thanks here, wondering why confused.gif just try'n to help

For what it is worth, I regen'd in SP2 and it fixed the first error, but after looking closer, it had gone out of bounds in another area of the part. I don't know what all of the illigal arc stuff was, but it came though that way on my system also.

I have found that when selecting "follow surface" it overrides the boundary in this type of toolpath, but that doesn't seem to be the problem with this one.

I know how you feel Crazy, I'm up till midnite tonite myself.

I'm not trying to rub salt in the wound, but,

it has been my experience that your part will only gouge on the "one and only time" you forget to verify.

I had a guy who is using Work NC tell me he never has to verify......his time is comming tongue.gif

I guarantee.....just wait when he upgrades or something....

Murlin teh sympathetic...

Allan if you have kept up with me in my posting you will understand that I am not the best with the english language thus the 6 times it took me to pass the very subject in college which is a big reason I have not finished my Mechinal Engineering Degree. And yes I has born and raised here but learning diabilites really hurt your chances when it come to school.

So with that said the reference pointing me in the right direction would be a direct reference to you. The refernce which is carried over from the beginning of the sentence (all that look looked at this one) is a implied second person carry over of the noun being the person who did the most to help me with this problem and get the resolution going in a direction that will hopefully lead to it being corrected.

I Ronald D. Branch humbly thanks Allan for taking time out of his busy day and helping me with this problem.

And yes is a indirect and direct way of thanking everyone for their help.

[ 09-24-2003, 11:14 PM: Message edited by: Millman^Crazy ]

Thanks for the thought Henk but it is Mcam91. I will have to either install it over the 9.0sp1 or uninstall it all and then reinstall it in that directory. I went through and checked all directions for call and files and everything look good for the Mcam91 directory so will just have to see where it goes from there.

Crazy Millman