Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

I need a post......

PE @ IHS

May^day

Yes we have the same reseller and its the same reseller as the last shop I worked at.

I dont have any issues with them or any other reseller. My statement was because after a year

to get the boss to approve the purchase. that was what I got. 2 days of editing posts on the fly to get the jobs out while the boss layed into me for buying the software.

now I have a differant shop, differant boss still mastercam,no problem.

Peter,

If you took my statement the wrong way.

theres nothing I can do.

I merely stated what happened. Im not slamming resellers or installers as a whole, just stating what 1 installer did maybe only 1 time. no one apologized to me. I cant even say who installed that software he was gone before I got back in the office. Must of been just my bad luck.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fboike,

"D'Oh!!" Fingers too fast for the brain. redface.gif I'm sorry for your bad experience. I had only wished to inform you that one bad experience with one tech does not mean all resellers are like that. It took me too long to write the reply because you had already clarified the one instance before I finished typing. This one idividual may have been having a bad day or was a new employee of your reseller who didn't work out. It was my misunderstanding and all is clear now. Ours is a unique situation but one that I'm happy for. I never would've had the opportunity to work for such a company if CNC Software didn't allow the competition. biggrin.gif

Tim,

That's the rub. Those who decide to save a few $$ on a P.O. will have to pay for that choice later. Then they blame the software when it is clearly not the problem. We have come across this many times. I just want to help. Fortunately that's my job. biggrin.gifcheers.gifbiggrin.gif

[ 09-29-2003, 03:46 PM: Message edited by: Peter Scott ]

What if I make a post that is called say all_machines.pst and we freely distribute it to these guys? When you hit post it will crunch for awhile then the the NC code that pops up will look like:

%

O0001

(PARTNAME)

"(INSERT CODE HERE)"

"(OR)"

"(FOR MORE COMPLETE POST CONTACT DEALER)"

M30

%

Wont that be fun?

Or have post check for hasp then

upon finding hasp(really something else since the hasp is mimicked by cracked code) then the nc code says welcome to forum, please contact you dealer.

upon not finding hasp use post function remove and remove mcam from computer.

could even snag name and company info and fire it off to an email acount so we know who is using cracked copy.

Jimmy

Request a post is legit !

Replies like Rekd or others do are also ,cause

everybody must read the FAQ and regards the rules of the game.

Jokes are legit too.

To call names ,offend or insult anybody must be punished.

I am for the minus system.

Moderator gives minuses ,3 minuses -you have no right to post for 3 month, 3 more for a year.

In such a way everyone can be punished but will have a possibility to read the Forum .

Who are for minus system ?

Iskander calling the moderators :

Will chiefdom say the word of wisdom?

rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

Jim !

quote:

upon not finding hasp use post function remove and remove mcam from computer.

could even snag name and company info and fire it off to an email acount so we know who is using cracked copy.

It is sorta trojan horse will make no difference between you and virus distributor, that`s IMHO not legit and ugly ! biggrin.gif

Iskander teh hack your own pc

quote:

To call names ,offend or insult anybody must be punished

Iskander, while I respect you very much and respect your opinion I have to say that our trade must be very different in your country than it is in mine. If I went one day without busting someone's chops or having them bust mine I'd think that I made a mistake and went to work at an interior decorator or something. As long as there is nothing serious in the words [no racial, ethnic, or religious slurs, obviously] I'd say fire away; I give back at least as good as I get.

My all time favorite:

quote:

...if you want to ignore that and continue to sit there and bash the product we all use and support and give wisea$$ disrespectful replies to people who are trying to help you out; go back home with Mom and play some Dungeons and Dragons instead. We have work to do.

Chris teh bring it on

[ 09-30-2003, 08:42 AM: Message edited by: chris m ]

Bucket,

If you recall, it wasn't me who took the photos. I'm in the pictures as well (barely). Give Paul the credit for taking photos and putting them on the website. I just refer to them if anyone wants to see our place. biggrin.gif

quote:

That's because they don't want to advertise that you're a customer

Good One Chris, LMAO

quote:

If you guys don't stop making out on the forum I'm gonna puke

Don't look at me. I'm not the one who said this.

quote:

Ooh,and by the way,never trust a guy with 2 first names!

Oh and Bucket, you CAN trust me because I don't have 2 first names. I have 3 when you count my middle one. tongue.gifbiggrin.gifcheers.gif Besides, I'm not the one who keeps offerin' to take fellow male forum members out on boat rides. tongue.gif J/K Bucket biggrin.gif

[ 09-30-2003, 10:51 AM: Message edited by: Peter Scott ]

Bucket,

No Problem! Just send me your old post and I'll send you a newer one in a reply. Oh wait. Let me save you some time. Do you have the Mastercam software CD? If I recall, there's close to 100 that you can load from the CD. And that's just the Mill posts. AFAIK, all posts are free, it's the time to make major changes that'll cost you. biggrin.gifcheers.gifbiggrin.gif

quote:

Thats because they never return home from the trip!

What do you do? Eat them? J/K biggrin.gifeek.gifbiggrin.gif

[ 09-30-2003, 12:09 PM: Message edited by: Peter Scott ]

We had an interesting incedent here. While I was away for 18 months, the company had our dealer in for some training and to upgrade to V9.0. The guy from the dealer suposedly converted the old posts, but actually wound up using a couple of the standard posts and modifying them to try and look like the output we were getting from the old posts. Probably a good choice given that the posts went back to V5.5 and had been converted several times. Well on a very simple program things looked OK, but all the things I had tweaked over the years were gone. Tool staging wasnt right, Duplicate N numbers, tool changes were inconsistant with start of program, canned cycles forget about it. So the guys who were trying to do the programming while I was gone just struggled along.

Since returning I have ironed out most of the post problems.

Clearly the post issues were minimized by both our company and the dealer.