Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

I need a post......

PE @ IHS

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

We have done many Biesse posts including the RT480.

Have you or your dealer contacted us since you are also from Canada?

quote:

Well I guess that that I will not get any help from you guys. I thought that maybe someone could be able to help out a fellow CNC'er. All I wanted was a guide on where to start to fix my software or one of the installed posts was close. Obviously your heads are so far up Mastercam's xxxx that you are superior to everyone else who is getting the run around from Mastercam. You can take it and cram it with walnuts!

How's that for attitude!

Yeah, Peter, lemme just sit tight while this dog foams at the mouth. On second thought, lemme get my gun... rolleyes.gif

Peter,

You seem to have taken over as Webmaster/Moderator or at least trying to tell people how to act. It seems to me that in the short time I've been on this Forum the Moderators have done a Fine Job. They have talked to people who have gotten out of line and everything motors right along. Now you come along and voice your "Opinion" about certain individuals who frequent this Forum. In turn you now have other Forum members speaking their "opinion" about other Forum members. Do you see where I'm goin here ? Your starting more problems than your solving with those types of comments. Don't bash me because of my opinion since I already got yours.

jm2c

Jim, I think you missed my point. Believe me, few people are more annoyed at pirate users than resellers. I come across shops that use bootleg MC almost daily, and I know full well that many of the post requests here are pirate users. I am simply asking people to let us politely point them to a reseller and have the possibility of a sale, rather than ripping their heads off and never hearing from them again.

I have sold Mastercam to approximately 20 shops that had pirated software within the last 18 months. I found that by being polite and helpful, I made sales to them. When I tried "busting their balls", I made enemies instead of sales.

quote:

I have sold Mastercam to approximately 20 shops that had pirated software within the last 18 months.

eek.gifeek.gif

Now this always baffles me....

Why wouldn't you have reported them to the Business Software Alliance and let them do a full investigation on their use of "illegal" software,and have them:

A: Pay a hefty fine or

B: Thrown in jail

Isn't this what we as members are being asked to do if we suspect someone of using hacked software?

quote:

I found that by being polite and helpful, I made sales to them. When I tried "busting their balls", I made enemies instead of sales.

This is sending the message to me that if I suspect someone of using hacked Mastercam,that I should immediately address the issue to mastercam sales Dept. not BSA rolleyes.gif

And no Peter,I am not trying to bust your balls.

I just can't comprehend this one.

+1 Bucket.

Peter, it's not just the pirates..

It's the people that not just WANT, but EXPECT something for nothing then get all bent when they dont get it.

It's the people that don't have the common curtousy to abide by the rules set forth for this particular community.

It's the people that cop an attitude because someone tells them, (generally politely to at least some degree, like the last one), that what they're asking for is wayyy out of line!

Granted, if everyone was all lovey-dovey to each other, we'd live in a perfect world. But guess what... it's NOT gonna happen that way. Why? Prolly cuz we all have our heads up MC's arse.. rolleyes.gif

When we explain to someone that they're out of line, and that someone gets an attitude, too f'n bad. I hope they wore a flame suit.

I, for one, am not about to let these idiots think it's all ok, no harm no foul, you steal from me and I won't mind. That's a crock of sh!t.

So you sold seats to pirates, that's great. Level 1 I'm sure, so they can still use their level 3 with all the bells and whistles. Good for you. Well how about the other software vendors that have bootleg'd software in those shops. What about them? If you're getting your money it's ok, to hell with everyone else? Wrong!!!

How selfish of you. Report them to BSA.

Here's to hoping an admin walks by and sees this POS thread and closes it.. cheers.gif

'Rekd teh 1,700 posts with a vengance!

[ 09-27-2003, 06:35 PM: Message edited by: Rekd ]

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

Rekd, bucket, have you ever reported anyone to the BSA? Do you know what happens?

I have, and I do know what happens (or doesn't - DOH!!!!! ... was that out loud??? rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif )I've been asked by CNC personally to NOT comment publicly on it further so I won't, out of respect for their wishes and because I

quote:

... have my head up CNC's ...

eek.gifeek.gif

Congrates on the 1700 posts Rekd.

I just love seeing the 2 new post today asking for this very topic. I spent a year after I got into Mastercam modifing my post on my own making my own mistakes and learning as I go. I now kick myself for not finding this back then. I can only think how well it would have went over asking for a Thermwood 5th axis post that cost $2500.

Crazy Millman thinks me see a closing in the works.

[ 09-27-2003, 10:43 PM: Message edited by: Millman^Crazy ]

Sorry you can't say what a fuc/ed up deal it is when I have read and know your thoughts on this very subject Sir James. I ask someone nice to read FAQ and that is wrong I ask mean that is wrong so why bother keep posting here if everytime you turn around it is wrong?

Crazy Millman

[ 09-27-2003, 10:47 PM: Message edited by: Millman^Crazy ]

How about if the topic line of a thread starts with "Post", it automatically is fowarded to a galaxy far, far away... biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Realistically, maybe it's fowarded directly to a reseller or moderator, totally keep it from polluting and cluttering the forum. Give the moderator a chance to inquire about the validity of the software, and the reseller a chance to convert them from the "dark side", and maybe make a sale..

Crazy Millman is right, two fresh requests in one day, that's more than general MC help!

Well how about this for an idea. You sell the software and want this to be a selling tool then you get a user name from the person you sell the software too. When you ship them the software you give them a password to the forum. I know you say it is great for outside people to come in here but if all that comes in here are the people who have a legit copy then why would it matter if they have to register to come on here to limit the possiblity of pirates and people who could be doing it the wrong way.

I mean you have sold over 75,000 seats yet you only have 6500 people on here you send out a letter to all you have in the system telling them of the implent of the new system start of the year and go from there. If you know get people on here askign for post then what would be the problem cause we now know that they are legit users and just trying to ask for something free. I know that the others have theirs locked but mayeb the old addage one bad apple ruins to whole lot has to be considered at some point.

Ok, on the subject of solutions, lets look at it from a more logical and realistic standpoint...

Chances are slim you'll be able to control everyone and what/how/when/why they post replies to you're prospective clients when they 'ask for a post for blah blah blah..'.

So how about the resellers tell their prospective clients about the etiquet in this place, then give them a heads up to RTFFAQ before posting and not to 'ask for a post for..'

With that said, I'm done on this topic.

'Rekd teh G'nite John-Boy

quote:

Why wouldn't you have reported them to the Business Software Alliance and let them do a full investigation on their use of "illegal" software,and have them:

A: Pay a hefty fine or

B: Thrown in jail

Isn't this what we as members are being asked to do if we suspect someone of using hacked software?

I guess the simplest reason is that it isn't exactly fair to the employiees for the BSA to close down thier employer. Wouldn't take long for such a reseller to become unwelcome in the area they work in, either. i.e. would you invite the Saftey-Kleen sales guy into your shop if you knew that he reported another shop for OSHA or EPA violations after a visit? Or would you tell him to go away while he was still in the parking lot?

Did anyone ever think if the resellers

looked into the posts when they sold the software. the only people asking for posts would be pirates or people getting new machines.

maybe the resellers should take care of this from the start. rather than loading the software

and heading for the door.

thats just my opinion

I will not report about nobody .

I humbly believe that in most cases people fool enough to behave like this will not been able to run Mastercam without a help from a dealer and will abuy it at the end !

I was one of initiators of the FAQ been put at the first page and see that it not hepled completly.

THe clever newbies read and behave like gentelman the fools remain as stupid as they were !

Well,who will expect something different ?

The man who starts his life here acting in most insulting way regards the most negative relation .

Who matters that he insulted Senior member or the new one.

He insulted a MAN ,waisting his time on him and insulted many times by purpose!

I think that he deserves attention of the Forum.

If he is a man ,he must say ,that he was wrong and say sorry ,plz,forgive me , a stupid a$$.

Well , I doubt he will ever do this .

So , let me say ,the newbie differs from the senior member only if he behaves like a S.O.B !

A lot of forum members think this Senior member thing means smthn !

For me it means nothing !

Who think different is wrong . IMHO !

It was not from the start and I wish it never was.

Life is too short to think about such unimportant things .

To help someone ,to chat ,to have fun ,learn something or to say hello, that`s all this Forum iis about and I wish all the lurking people here will start to write too.

But if somebody call names and insult someone I will not stand this .

The best thing is to do what other moderated groups do like fido.

Let moderator give him -( minus ).

Three minuses - removing a right to write here for 3 monthes.

Three more - for a year .

In fido7.ru.linux or fido7.ru.games.unreal noone insults noone .

I don`t advice to start terrorising Forum ,but the direct insulting ?

If someone not matters being called a *** it matters me or others.

Why we must read the letters of this cave man ?

In real life he would get a good punch in the face and here he can do anithing he likes ?

Every one must respect others and when I was wrong I found the force to tell this and to ask for forgiving me.

I think that every one has a right in the first letter to ask for a post and expect the answers he would get.

Let this Forum be free ,but also free from insulting ,bad words and leave this man who did this foolish things to get the punishment they deserve !

Iskander teh barbarian gentelman

I didnt mean for it to sound like all resellers

maybe its just the people they send out.

But I know first hand from the last shop I worked at. the guy came in put on a hasp loaded the software, told my boss one of the posts loaded should work. took his check and was gone.

20 min. tops.

Maybe you could pass on your way of thinking

to your fellow resellers.

Do you have paper for........

I want to buy a new printer. I know it will output text and photos. should I buy anything special or will it come with everything I need?

Hmmmmm.... could you guys give me some of that really good expensive stuff?? I hate going back to the store where I bought it. Such a pain in the arse,ya know

fboike,

I am an employee of a reseller of Mastercam. In fact, our company is in direct competition with another reseller of Mastercam as well as being in the same region of the country as the developer of said software. It's a unique situation even in the software industry. Our company is based on the sales and SUPPORT of Mastercam. It's in our very name. We Service our customers. My employer is one of the top post processor developers in this country, let alone the region. He has in fact gone to other countries to help companies with their 5-axis post processor needs. We SUPPORT our clients and want to help them anyway we can. Not everything is "cut and dried".

I don't know who your reseller is. Maybe you've had issues with them in the past. This forum is not about airing issues. Many resellers don't walk away after installation. One is the host of this website and very useful forum. Not every reseller has the post processor expertise as my employer brings to the table. Not every customer has the money to spend for excellent post modification. I tell them it's better to have Steve come to their facility for a day and have a guaranteed working post than for them to spend months of their valuable time trying to get a workable post. It's like the old Fram oil filter commercials "Pay a little now, or pay a LOT later."

I'm simply suggesting to refrain from making "blanket" statements like you have. Not trying to start a flame war on this topic. Some form of apology to those who have put in a lot of effort over the years might be nice. Have one on me. biggrin.gifcheers.gifbiggrin.gif

Peter E,

It's a good idea except that most of us need a little stress relief humor and some of the replies I read from my fellow members are quite entertaining. The suggestion about making newbies check a box that states they have actually read the FAQ before posting is a good one too. I don't know if it's possible but that might tend to reduce the amount of "I'm looking for a post..." topics. Keep up the good work. cheers.gif

[ 09-29-2003, 02:11 PM: Message edited by: Peter Scott ]

Pete, fboike,

our reseller is probably the same one out of Wixom MI. I only have good things to say about them. I know they have had different people editing posts over time. our sales guy is exellent. stops in now and then,helps out when he can and when he cant he always finds someone who can. fboike, if you have trouble e-mail me I can try to get you in touch with some good guys

quote:

I tell them it's better to have Steve come to their facility for a day and have a guaranteed working post than for them to spend months of their valuable time trying to get a workable post

And some of us STILL don't listen tongue.gif

But seriously, folks, Steve, Frank, Peter, Paul, and S4A rock!

Sorry to you guys who have lousy support [like some people in our area who are customers of other, unnamed, resellers] but anyone around here who has issues should give Peter a call.

Lets put this topic to bed

C

[ 09-29-2003, 03:01 PM: Message edited by: chris m ]

IMHO, 1st May-Day.

We should be so lucky, that our software programs worked like the printers we buy.

The last few printers I bought, did indeed, come with everything to Plug & Play, out of the box. Printer cartridge, cables, free photo software, power adapters, DEVICE DRIVERS and yes, even some fancy paper samples.

2nd, fboike.

I agree, this whole issue of asking for a post, is something that CNC Software, should be handling on the front-lines, starting with the re-sellers, a article in the News Letter, and perhaps a e-mail notification to the forum members, and the Moderators supervising the Forums.

Referring a 1st time, Do you have a post for…. To the FAQ’s is fine, but when it gets ugly, nobody benefits. When I had my own molding shop back home, I learned real quick, never give the customer what he wants. 9 out of 10 times, they were not satisfied with getting what they asked for.

quote:

I want a mold to make this part, and I don’t want to pay a lot of money. And I need it in 4 to 5 weeks.

When they got the samples, that was usually the start, of a round of Engineering changes, and sometimes, Material changes, that would have a different shrink rate than the original material. Scrap the core and cavity, finally get the part they were looking for, then hit them with the bill, for all of the work AFTER, the original sample was approved by there QC, department, as meeting, all critical dimensions on the print. This was always the Final Payment, condition.

Well, the reactions I used to get on the up-dated bill, would take you breath away. It would not matter that I met the print, on the 1st samples, nor did the ECN’s coming through by fax, authorizing this change, or that change, for X # of $$. It would always end up with the same line,

quote:

But you quoted this price to build the mold!!!

Then, I got tiered of all the B.S.

When I quoted a tool, I had a standard line of questions, that I would ask, Face to Face, in a meeting, my place or theirs, with the Designer, and the Project Engineer, and the Purchasing agent. I never made exceptions.

This is the point of all of this, pay attention, if you’re still reading.

I would start asking, Why this material? How many pieces do you need initially? Can you give me more draft, and a better radius, on all stand-offs, ribs, walls????

Flame Retardant Poly Pro? No, no, no, why do you need that? UL. Your better off with Flame Retardant, Glass Filled, Poly Carb. $3 @ pound cheaper, 10 times stronger, holds critical dimension more repeatedly.

BY EDUCATING MY CUSTOMER, THEY GOT WHAT THEY NEEDED!!

And I got paid!!!! After awhile, I would get calls for all new projects, before they were released,

quote:

We want to pick you brain, on this project

Sure, No Problem!!!!

I am sure there are Re-sellers out there, that are doing 110%, on making sure each customer, is going to be successful. I am also sure, that there are Re-sellers, who might not get the opportunity, to give it their all, Ex… Dealing with a Purchasing Agent, whose only goal in life is to cut a P.O. at 15% less than the quoted price. Or dealing with a VP of Engineering, who is processing a Department Request, and does not realize, that each different piece of CNC, equipment requires a different post. And so on, & So on….

3rd, I believe CNC Software, should be Pro-active in educating the customers, about the Weakest Link in the chain.

Also, Post questions should be prohibited. The should ALL go through the Re-seller 1st, then off to CNC Software, and if still no answer, is found, the Moderators could post the questions, and collect the responses. If that did not yield a working post, well my friend, 3 strikes you out, we tried.

We can have some-one write one for you, you still got the QUOTE for the custom post, if none were available—RIGHT?

Post’s, on Post Help, and Modifications, should have to go thru the Moderator’s 1st.

To Peter Scott, I realize some re-sellers go way above and beyond what is needed. And that MasterCam is a great product. That there are many thieves out there, using illegal software. I was not aware, that the territories weren’t protected, until your post. So you also have to compete with other Re-sellers, which is fine for the dummies, looking to save a couple of $$, on the P.O., these guy’s WILL NEVER be in the position, to have to call for help, if something doesn’t work out!

IMHO

Thanks

Tim H. cheers.gifcheers.gif

[ 09-29-2003, 03:19 PM: Message edited by: TimHollis ]