Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Fanuc O-t Lathe Post Processor

jimtoolman

Well can I offer you a suggestion cause I think you are unfairly bashing this person who installed it have you bothered to call the people who sold you the software. If that does not get you the results you are looking for I would suggest you call Mastercam direct and I promise you will get results.

Here is what I found for numbers in your area:

Eastech Incorporated

4211 Produce Road

Louisville Ky, 40218

Voice -(502) 589-0032

Fax - (502) 589-0034

E-Mail - [email protected]

If that is the attutide you got that hey that is your right. Life is what you make it so if you choose to make it only what you want it then good luck in everything just would think that no person would give up that easy is all. confused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gif oh since you are new that si the confused look cuase I am really confused by your thoughts.

I tell you this if you were with about 400 miles of me I would drive my xxxx there just to show you how very wrong you are.

Crazy Millman

Just to let you guys know I emailed this individual directly and offered to help him outside of the forum in case he had some reason for not wanting to do this publicly, be it embarassment or whatever. I remember how much frustration I had with posted outputs before I understood how to get what I want and figured that I could help him see the value of Mastercam without too much trouble. So, not only did he not do what I asked for out here, he didn't even have the courtesy to tell me 'no thanks' to my private offer for help.

So, allow me to say, 'best of luck' to Mr. Jim. I'm sure you'd have a bright future with Mastercam if you'd pull your head out of you a$$ long enough to actually make an effort to use it.

C

[ 10-02-2003, 07:27 AM: Message edited by: chris m ]

quote:

So, allow me to say, 'best of luck' to Mr. Jim. I'm sure you'd have a bright future with Mastercam if you'd pull your head out of you a$$ long enough to actually make an effort to use it.

+1 Chris

Mastercam is only a part of his problems smile.gif

Rob

I feel bad for the guy and hope he see the error in his ways. I have been in those types of jobs before, but I guess that is what seprates some people I either get the problem fixed or I fix the problem. I guess being almost killing at a young age gives you the idea of You only live once got to make the best out of life and up to you to do it.

I wish you luck Jim and hope that in some way you get the help you need. cheers.gifcheers.gif

Crazy Millman Peace

Lol, I didn't read this post originally because it is a lathe question. Oops, missed out on a good one.

quote:

One thing I have found is that the weakest point of MC is the post processor.

I think the weakest part of the software is the, um, person, behind the keyboard.

If you've only been using it for 3 months, and you're bashing it for reasons other than your own lack of understanding/knowledge, then it's no wonder you're no longer going to be using mastercam any more. (Read he prolly got kicked out of the programming seat due to incompitence)

It's obvious to me that your quickness and willingness to blame everything excepty your OWN lack of knowledge will keep you away from any respectable position in the future as well as the present.

GL, and BTW, the post processors are one of THE most powerful aspects of Mastercam...

'Rekd teh rolleyes.gif

You guys better watch it PETER might come in here and get on to you for being so rude to a new user. J/K Peter cheers.gifcheers.gif

Crazy Nutty Millman

Hey what do you do when you have a job that is going to take 40 hours a piece to Machine on the equipment you have where as if you had the right equipment it would only take 6 hours a piece for a Job that has 40 pieces. I hear can't afford to buy a new machine to do the job yet I see $102,000 worth of wasted time in not having it.

[ 10-02-2003, 11:04 PM: Message edited by: Millman^Crazy ]

Ok, you guys have had enough fun at my expense. The reason I am no longer using Mastercam is because I have moved on from that job and that company to something better. At the moment I do not have Mastercam to use, however, as I stated, I am not bashing Mastercam, I used Mastercam on a daily basis for the mills and was very pleased with that, there was however a problem with the lathe post. Since none of you guys have said that there was a Post Processor that was specifically written for the O-T that I could get, then I must assume that whoever edited the Post we were using did something wrong.

Now, you guys are the experts and I am just the pion that tried to help my former boss out.

None of that matters to me now, I wasted enough of my own precious time on that problem with no usable information coming from this forum or the guy who installed the software. If and when I ever use Mastercam again, I will be sure that the Post works properly and that I don't have to edit anything in my programs, regardless of whether I am programming a lathe, mill, or wire edm.

As far as being incompetent, let's just say, I will be missed at my former employer.

Jimtoolman

chris m wrote:

"So, allow me to say, 'best of luck' to Mr. Jim. I'm sure you'd have a bright future with Mastercam if you'd pull your head out of you a$$ long enough to actually make an effort to use it."

Ok, since you don't know anything about me, and your don't know the situation I was in, you probably aren't qualified to evaluate my performance. I came in this forum to try and get help solving a problem, when I got your e-mail, I had already taken another position and the problem, at least for me, was solved. Thanks to all of you who tried to help, and to those who just want to call names and belittle others in order to make themselves feel empowered.........

Nana nana boo booooooooooo!

Jimtoolman

Well see now you can see what it is all about here I wish you luck in your new position and hope it works ot ubetter for you. Oh just a little tip. I would still offer to help your former employer do like I did you want my help it will cost you $100 an hour for my time 4 hour minumin. If he want it bad enough he will pay you to do it if not then can say you atleast were willing to try. Dont be a stranger there is alot of useful ideas on here and believe it or not soem really good people even the ones that were giving you a hard time in this thread.

Again good luck in all that comes your way and may you have better days ahead.

Crazy Millman

quote:

I came in this forum to try and get help solving a problem, when I got your e-mail, I had already taken another position and the problem, at least for me, was solved.

Common sence tells you to at least 'reply' back to a person who is trying to help you,no less for free.

Not only that,if you knew this,you should have stated it on this thread so we could just 'end it'.

quote:

Now, you guys are the experts and I am just the pion that tried to help my former boss out.

So,we must also be the "pee-on's that tried to help you out too! rolleyes.gif

quote:

Ok, since you don't know anything about me, and your don't know the situation I was in, you probably aren't qualified to evaluate my performance

I'm qualified enough to know that less than 12 hours after you asked for help I told you I would help you, for free, get your software to post your code the way you wanted it. I'm qualified enough to know that 24 hours after you asked for help you would've had, more likely than not, edit-free code if you had responded to our questions. I know that at least 2 people, Phil Cotterell and myself, offered to help you privately, without even a "no, thanks."

Since you availed yourself of none of this, my opinion of you stands.

quote:

Thanks to all of you who tried to help, and to those who just want to call names and belittle others in order to make themselves feel empowered.........

Would I fall into both categories here? Do those cancel each other out? I like the nanananaboobooo

C

[ 10-03-2003, 07:24 AM: Message edited by: chris m ]

• 19 years later...