Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

gotta learn mastercam NOW!!!

BADDAWG

So,our one and only programmer walked out last week.I am the only one in our (mazak only) shop thats can read G code and have been thrown into this position...Ugh. So far i have done fair as far as simple mill work (piece of stock in a vise)but need some serious help with indexer work on our vertical mills(how to draw,toolpaths,etc...).

Any help would be greatly appreciated...Thanks

The obvious is to get your boss to send you immediately on a training course with your reseller. This will be the biggest time saving in getting you going in the right direction.

The standard books are quite good imo. Other books available here in the shop.

Youtube will also help.

Good luck.

• Like 1

Hi Baddawg,

It would be a good idea to contact your re-seller and look into some training. However, I would imagine you have little to no time to leave the shop right now, given the circumstances. The Training Tutorials sold on here are very helpful for learning the interface, drawing, and toolpathing. They are done in a step by step format. If it is 2d work you do primarily, I would suggest the Mill 1 TT, and if you do indexing, the Indexing Training Tutorial as well.

Hi Baddawg,

It would be a good idea to contact your re-seller and look into some training. However, I would imagine you have little to no time to leave the shop right now, given the circumstances. The Training Tutorials sold on here are very helpful for learning the interface, drawing, and toolpathing. They are done in a step by step format. If it is 2d work you do primarily, I would suggest the Mill 1 TT, and if you do indexing, the Indexing Training Tutorial as well.

Thanks that what i am looking for,I think i can handle the 2d work,its the indexer work where i really need help.

Talk to your reseller about in shop training so the training is specific to your work flow. Going to a class you will cover a lot of things that other students may neeed but you won't which will only convulute your mind when it comes time to cover your topics. this also keeps you in the shop.

My other suggestion would be to grab someone off the floor and give them a list of G and M codes some basic training on the machine (while you are proving your first off) to help burden the load. To take on self learning to program while also keeping up with work flow on by your machines will be a daunting task.

No JParis...I didnt mean for it to sound like i wanted anyone hear to train me,just looking for advice on where to look for training(reseller,books.etc).

You would be surprised how many people come in asking for that very thing. :shock:

BTW, Welcome ot the forum! :thumbup:

LOL! If a machine shop owner has one programmer they had better assess that person's value and make sure they are happy :-). Having a CNC machine shop without a programmer is kinda like having a row boat without oars... BADDAWG, you have a great opportunity in front of you, oh, and no pressure :-)

• Like 1

I do one on one online training for customers. You can shoot me an email and I will be glad to quote you.

Sorry everyone got a family to feed. :D

To be honest, this would undoubtedly be your best option.

Ron has H U G E experience and sitting with someone like him for a 2 or 3 days would pay dividends.

Not just on using the software but the cutting techniques he could offer you with the high speed toolpaths will pay for his visit 10 fold.

• Like 2