Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

used machine value?

mx247

We have the opportunity to buy a used Haas VF-2TR (VF-2 with a trunion table) from a company in the same building as us. This was an engineering company that only used the machine for occasional test cuts, no production the machine appears to be in very good condition. Anyone have an idea on the value of this machine? They are asking us to make a bid without putting any price on it themselves.

Its a 2006 super low hours (dont have the exact amount), a small amount of tooling, Renishaw OMP 400 probe and lista tooling cabinet. We are taking over the space they are in now so we wouldn't have to move the machine. From what I was told they did very little actual cutting they just ran programs thru the machine cutting air or cut aluminum to verify their programs. They put out a number of $81,470.00 seems pretty high to me a new one goes for around $115,000.00

Over here I'd pay no more than $50k. As G says, it's geeting on a bit but there will be no warranty or anything. If you are seriously considering the $81k, you'd be better off buying the new one at $115 with 2 years warrantly and a low interest finance deal.

Or taking the $115 and looking at another make:sofa:

Or taking the $115 and looking at another make:sofa:

+1. After all is said and done, the Haas machines I've owned were BY FAR the most costly when taking into account productivity and opportunity cost. Over the long haul the money might be better spent on another make unless you are looking for prototyping, etc..., unless you get a deal you can't refuse.

We are actually looking at a Makino F5, the Haas just came up because the company is shutting down and they're in the same building as us. We already have 6 Haas verticals really dont need another, even if it has the trunion table. I'm ready to take a step up to a higher level of machine I gave the owners my opinion ($50K but dont really need it), hope they don't back off of the Makino and go for the Haas. If they want to buy both we can find a use for it.

Even if they just cut air, how did their programs run? You can still beat the hell out of the servos by cutting air. ;)

really helps cutter life, i heard :smoke:

We already have 6 Haas verticals really dont need another, even if it has the trunion table.

in this situation i would think of selling a 3 axis to make room for the 5 axis. once you see the labor it saves and confidence of getting lots of work done in one operation, you will not miss the 3 axis days.

this way you can still look into the makino.

We are actually looking at a Makino F5, the Haas just came up because the company is shutting down and they're in the same building as us. We already have 6 Haas verticals really dont need another, even if it has the trunion table. I'm ready to take a step up to a higher level of machine I gave the owners my opinion ($50K but dont really need it), hope they don't back off of the Makino and go for the Haas. If they want to buy both we can find a use for it.

if you don't really need it, offer what it's worth to YOU... not what the seller thinks it's worth, or even what it's worth on the

used machine market. No matter what you pay for it, it's not a good deal if it's not what you need.