Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

SURFACE HIGH SPEED HYBRID

Mickey@acceltool

Hybrid approach and retracts do not stay within my boundary window....SWEET!!!!!!!!

I believe (if I'm not mistaken) That was one of their claims that X7 was to do differently??

Am I right?

What are you trying to accomplish with this posting? What are your setting where is a sample file to review all the settings? You could be putting up a whole different toolpath to feed an outside troll who loves to be feed. What did your reseller say when you called them and talked to them about it?

Well I got it to not violate the boundary by doing the above mentioned but I found a spot where it violated in the tool path. SO MY SUGGESTION IS...... DO NOT USE THE HIGH SPEED HYBRID! IT'S BUGGY........ If someone from mastercam would like the file, let me know! I went back to the old way! NICE JOB!

Again you are looking to pick a fight and for others of us it is doing fine, for you it is worth be an arse over.

I don't mean to be an ARSE over it just frustrated. Sorry but I lost confidence in my resellers programming ability a while ago. When I have a problem I usually go to CNC Solutions for help but I found this site to be a very good place to connect with others about the troubles with the software. I haven't put up a file as of yet because I don't want the file out there for anybody to grab.

Mikey I understand we all get there, but there is this troll that takes these topics and broadcasts it to the world and call you and me stupid and idiots for still using Mastercam to make a good living from. I have had to explain myself to a couple customers here in So. CAL because this person that cannot hold a job and is living off of welfare has a blog telling everyone how stupid people like you and me are for trying to earn a living using a tool we have to use. You should send an email to sales at mastercam dot com and make them aware and they are a great help. Also might be surprised to know there have been some shake up with dealers in the last few months. I personally work with 8 different dealers and their groups on projects so you never know you might get me in the loop. :turned:

I have attached an example file. Tool path ignores the boundary in several areas. Forgive the file. I had to chop it up as to not let the original file out there. All the same it still violates the boundary.

Thank you, Hybrid has behaved this way since day one. We can look into fully containing the linking within the boundary, but no promises. This is not the only toolpath that behave this way relative to linking moves. Nothing has changed for Hybrid in X7 relative to containment. But we continue to improve Hybrid and will look into your boundary concerns.

You comment about staying inside boundaries for X7 in the very first thread is mistaken. It was only implemented to improve OptiRest and Rest Roughing.

Cheers

Mick when you make friends with people and know them personally you don't mind saying hello to them. Sorry that bothered you, but my wife appreciated the flowers. Dave next event lunch is on my company.

No bother, it was entertaining :).

• 3 months later...

Had the same issue. sent my file to tech support and he sent it back Sweet!! and then he sent me instructions on how he did it.Then he backed it up by checking on me the next Day.

It was my first true 3D part and Hybrid stole the show. Try raster too!! when contained it's amazing!!

Had the same issue. sent my file to tech support and he sent it back Sweet!! and then he sent me instructions on how he did it.Then he backed it up by checking on me the next Day.

It was my first true 3D part and Hybrid stole the show. Try raster too!! when contained it's amazing!!

Care to share how he did it?