Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Okuma VTM-1200 YB

I have only done time studies for customers so far so I have never gone so far as needing to post out the code and run it. However, the control basically is set up like it is just a single spindle Multus on its side. That being said though, it is going to feel like a lathe programming it. Any good Multus post should work. I use Esprit for almost all of my programming these days so I can't say how well the Mastercam Multus post is.

Ron, There is a VTM2000-YB available that can do full 5 axis work.

they had one in Charlotte when I went out there last year.

The one we're looking at is the latest greatest model

I'm pretty sure I saw one when I was there too.

In terms of the Multus post, we run a Postability Multus post, and that should work just fine for the VTM-1200 YB. I have the post pretty rock solid nowadays. Being that it is a single turret/single spindle, Lathe with Mill Multiaxis should work fine. Combine that with Vericut and it will work out nice :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1TbbYNzYNY

nice thing about the DMG spindle design is the pivot point is below the holder gauge line. Guessing that may reduce the leverage by 2x?
I think mazak might be making this config now also. prolly easier to find a Mazak machinist in this area. not to mention Mazak's ISO code capability.

BTW check out the gang tool @ 4:00 Edited by mkd

the boss was watching the MU 10000 driving a 4" Ingersoll high feed

at 200 ipm last week. He's still smiling

They do that well.

Another benefit, is that the machines controls have the 3D models of the components stored on the hard disk. You can copy them off, and then build your Vericut model. And Okuma are happy to provide the CAD models as well. A lot of others make it really difficult...

We haven't signed on the dotted line yet but it's looking pretty good.

Now I have to find a programmer to drive this bad boy.. and I suspect

that's not going to be easy.

Hmm...

You know, I really enjoyed So Cal when I was there... What are guys like in the programming office at Allied? :)

We cut a PO for this machine yesterday.

Its in stock in the US and will be up and running within a month

Now I need

a post

a Vericut machine

and a programmer LOL

I am in deep deep sh!t :help:

Multus post, with some tweaking, will work fine.

Multus Vericut machine (well, the control), with the models (which should be stored on the control fo the VTM-1200 YB)... should be relatively easy to sort out. I mean, if I can do it, you can... LOL

Programmer? Well, I'm sitting here looking out my home office window on Sunday. It is p****ng down with rain, with no sign of letting up. I just said to my wife that I am tired of this stupid weather... So... LOL

Programmer? Well, I'm sitting here looking out my home office window on Sunday. It is p****ng down with rain, with no sign of letting up. I just said to my wife that I am tired of this stupid weather... So... LOL

Mick - you know you'd miss those little fluffy sheep....:D