Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Dragging Geom to another Toolpath

DavidB

In X7 MU1 are you guys seeing this?

If I drag the geometry from a previous toolpath down to the toolpath below it adds it. Meaning the new geom is added to the geom allready in the toolpath.

I use to get an "Add or Replace" promt in previous MC versions.

• Like 1

I seem to recall MANY versions ago that dragging geometry from one op to another had this "new" functionality. Then, somewhere alone the line, a left click and drag offered the same options as a right click and drag. Now, it appears that it's back to how it used to be.

• 9 months later...

In X7 MU1 are you guys seeing this?

If I drag the geometry from a previous toolpath down to the toolpath below it adds it. Meaning the new geom is added to the geom allready in the toolpath.

I use to get an "Add or Replace" promt in previous MC versions.

Bumping this one again

Using X8 ( jumping up from X5 )....L-button drag ADDS the geometry....BUT....help pages tell me "it always will replace existing geometry"

- what gives ??

- I would have imagined that the programmer should have the choice....not the software

I do realise ( now ) that R-drag gives the choice to drop it ( ADD or REPLACE ) on selected multiple ops ( not yet sure if this is a good or a bad feature )

My preference is have the choice dialog on both buttons when drag....L-button drag to single op,......R-button drag to multiple ops.

• Like 1