Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Require operator input. "Yes" or "No"

savagkd

Wow all in one year? Very cool well you must be that guy getting the $450K a year someone was talking about. NASA and a few other agencies need very intelligent people like yourself. Keep it up and you might even figure out nuclear fusion if you haven't already done so. Also we need to get solar panels down to about $5 a piece producing a 1 gigawatt per 2' x 3' panel so if you could get that figured out over the next year that would be great.

At the rate I am going I should be able to retire at the age of 17 years old. At that time I will buy a ranch south of Tijuana and raise Chupacabras and horny goats for American sailors to find comfort with when they are on leave. There's big money in that also.

By the way, your "American jobs are coming back due to quality" claim is a complete farce. Top level aerospace and automotive factories with state of the art equipment are being built all over Mexico. Why would we have a quality issue when you Americans on this website, in this topic, are proclaiming to be the ones training us? Are you unskilled? LOL. "Remember The Alamo"! :guitar:

I think your the guy who comes into our shops claiming to be the best machinist/programmer in town. Then after spending a half a day, you realize how little you know and never show up the next day. You may think I'm exaggerating, but I've literally seen this happen many times.

I've been in this trade over 25 years and I've yet to see anyone who can do the things you claim to do after only a years experience. I think you don't want to give anyone your knowledge because there is very little to give.

At the rate I am going I should be able to retire at the age of 17 years old. At that time I will buy a ranch south of Tijuana and raise Chupacabras and horny goats for American sailors to find comfort with when they are on leave. There's big money in that also.

By the way, your "American jobs are coming back due to quality" claim is a complete farce. Top level aerospace and automotive factories with state of the art equipment are being built all over Mexico. Why would we have a quality issue when you Americans on this website, in this topic, are proclaiming to be the ones training us? Are you unskilled? LOL. "Remember The Alamo"! :guitar:

Typically a post like this would be laughed off as over the top satire - but having seen the delusional ramblings in some of your other posts - I can actually believe you're serious. :yes

I think your the guy who comes into our shops claiming to be the best machinist/programmer in town. Then after spending a half a day, you realize how little you know and never show up the next day. You may think I'm exaggerating, but I've literally seen this happen many times.

I've been in this trade over 25 years and I've yet to see anyone who can do the things you claim to do after only a years experience. I think you don't want to give anyone your knowledge because there is very little to give.

After working at my current job for 1 month, they made me Lead Programmer. That is the kinda guy I am. BTW, what were all of you doing after 1 year of machining? Let's do some bonding and get to know each other. :cheers:

After working at my current job for 1 month, they made me Lead Programmer. That is the kinda guy I am. BTW, what were all of you doing after 1 year of machining? Let's do some bonding and get to know each other. :cheers:

Well that's not really saying much. I've met "lead programmers" that couldn't find the file open menu with a cheat sheet.

But since you asked. I started as a general shop helper. Then moved to debur. By the end of my first year I think I was learning manual mills.

And by your name, I assume you play guitar?

Well that's not really saying much. I've met "lead programmers" that couldn't find the file open menu with a cheat sheet.

But since you asked. I started as a general shop helper. Then moved to debur. By the end of my first year I think I was learning manual mills.

Interesting. I asked you what you were doing after your first year, not your first day. On my first day they walked me back to a Mazak lathe and said:"Here, the guy who used to program this left. Here are the program and operator manuals, figure it out". Then they walked away.

BTW...The file open menu is at the top left of the screen.

Interesting. I asked you what you were doing after your first year, not your first day. On my first day they walked me back to a Mazak lathe and said:"Here, the guy who used to program this left. Here are the program and operator manuals, figure it out". Then they walked away.

BTW...The file open menu is at the top left of the screen.

You are truly a king among kings. How could I have doubted you. You're a legend in you own mind.

Oh, and after my first year they ask me to be CEO, so bam! I win.

You are truly a king among kings. How could I have doubted you. You're a legend in you own mind.

Oh, and after my first year they ask me to be CEO, so bam! I win.

That's fantastic! Great to hear your story. Who's next?

So pleas list all the different controls and machines you have programmed setup and run. I think I can list about 200 ones after 28 years be interesting to see you list the Dekcel Maho made in 85 with interchangeable Vertical head that was one of 3 ever made with it being the only one to leave Germany in one shop back in 92' be on your list. Been to several shops in Mexico and seen from the hole in the walls to the 400+ machine ones as well. Everything is relative and when you get that cure for cancer after reaching 18 you can then retire. The Citizen Swiss that I helped have the ladder logic patent that one company got using a Fanuc Control. Of one of the Sodeick Wire Machines with conversational. See Was just on a 510 Mill-Plus with TK and he was programming on a 840D. Been on the 810, to 840 from the T2 to TPlus to M32 to Matrix 2 on Mazaks. Mori, SNK, Hatchia Seiki, Mutsi-Seiki, Fadal, HAAS, Okumas,OKK, NakaMura, Hwacheon, Doosan, and so many other machines and seems I can't hold a candle to you son.

1 year in the trade hum I think I had been on my 10 or 15 conventional machines at that point, back in late 80's so see you have already blown by me. Shoot in 3 months I will be asking you for a job. :turned:

So pleas list all the different controls and machines you have programmed setup and run. I think I can list about 200 ones after 28 years be interesting to see you list the Dekcel Maho made in 85 with interchangeable Vertical head that was one of 3 ever made with it being the only one to leave Germany in one shop back in 92' be on your list. Been to several shops in Mexico and seen from the hole in the walls to the 400+ machine ones as well. Everything is relative and when you get that cure for cancer after reaching 18 you can then retire. The Citizen Swiss that I helped have the ladder logic patent that one company got using a Fanuc Control. Of one of the Sodeick Wire Machines with conversational. See Was just on a 510 Mill-Plus with TK and he was programming on a 840D. Been on the 810, to 840 from the T2 to TPlus to M32 to Matrix 2 on Mazaks. Mori, SNK, Hatchia Seiki, Mutsi-Seiki, Fadal, HAAS, Okumas,OKK, NakaMura, Hwacheon, Doosan, and so many other machines and seems I can't hold a candle to you son.

1 year in the trade hum I think I had been on my 10 or 15 conventional machines at that point, back in late 80's so see you have already blown by me. Shoot in 3 months I will be asking you for a job. :turned:

WOW! That's something! Let me give this a whirl:

Lathe controls...

MAzak t-1

Mazak T-2

Mazak T-3

Mazak T-4

Mazak T-32

Mazak T-32-3

Mazak T-32-4

Mazak T-32-6

Mazak T-32-8

Mazak T-Plus

Mazak MT-640

Mazak Matrix

Okuma OSP300L

Okuma OSP5020L

Okuma OSP7000L

Okuma OSP100L

Okuma OSP E100

Siemens 840C

Fanuc 6t

Fanuc 21t

Fanuc 0t

Fanuc 16t

Haas lathe

Just about every useless Mori seiki version of fanuc lathe and mill controls.

Mill controls...

Mazak M32

Mazak Mplus

Fanuc 0m

Fanuc 16m

Fanuc 15m

Fanuc 18m

Fanuc 21m

Fanuc 31m

Hedenhain

Haas mill

Fadal mill

Just about every useless mori seiki version of the fanuc and Yasnac control

Machines:

Mazak Lathe... Qt's, Integrex, multiplex, dual turn power turn, m4, m5

Haas 2 and 4 axis garbage lathes

Fanuc lathes...mori's, puma, doosan vertical lathes, Hitachi seki

Haas Vf0,1,3,4,11 Vert mills and horizontal

Okuma 2,3,4,5,6,7 axis lathes

Fadal 6030

H Boring mills...Kuraki, Ikegai, Nakamura, Kia, hitachi seki 2/3 axis

Vertical mills...Some european junk with heidenhain, 5 axis/ kitamuras, Many mazak mills Many mori's, Many Mitsubishi's

Horizontal mills...Mazak, Toyoda, Mori's, hitachi seki, kitamura

Programming Controls...Fluent in Fanuc lathes and mills with macros, mazak lathe mazatrol and mill g-code with macro, okuma lathe g-code with macros, haas etc

Software...

Mazacam, camlink, camware, Gibbscam, Esprit, Mastercam, NX, Surfcam, Edgecam, Icam, Vericut, MS excel with VBA, word, PP, Visio, SW, Ashlar Vellum, Solid Edge, Casio Calculator programming for classpad400

I hope this makes you sleep better.

BTW...I am STILL waiting for someone to answer why Plumbers and electricians are paid so much better than machinists. I think by now, we all know why. Point proven :guitar:

I have alway done better than plumbers and electricians so not sure what you are talking about.

I gave that some thought so in one year you may have 3 weeks on each of those machines and maybe 2 month one each of those CAM systems and you are better than 97% of the people on here? Quit talking all the crap and just be straight and it will serve you well. Want to keep on thus path fine, but when you end up on that island you did it to yourself. Have a good night.

I have alway done better than plumbers and electricians so not sure what you are talking about.

I gave that some thought so in one year you may have 3 weeks on each of those machines and maybe 2 month one each of those CAM systems and you are better than 97% of the people on here? Quit talking all the crap and just be straight and it will serve you well. Want to keep on thus path fine, but when you end up on that island you did it to yourself. Have a good night.

Well now. I think most people call that back tracking. You just boasted about all of the machines you ran, and demanded a comparison. Now that I have posted my comparison you are trying to back out? You know very well what the average wage of the machinist is, and that it pails in comparison to unionized trades. Sure, there are exceptions to the rule. But, when you compare average to average, machinists fall far short. You are just making excuses for not wanting to answer the question truthfully. This means you have lost. It's ok. My wife playes the same game, and I am used to it.

As for my experiences, I typically work 14 hours a day, then study. Typically, most americans are watching tv and getting drunk when I am still working. It does not take me long to learn a control or software. Once you have the general idea, the rest is a breeze. As for post processing, the last post processor I wrote covered 29 different machines, requiring user prompts. How many of you were doing that after 1 year? Yeah, I thought so.

In case you have not figured it out, I am already on an island and I am just casting out my bait. :guitar:

WOW! That's something! Let me give this a whirl:

Lathe controls...

MAzak t-1

Mazak T-2

Mazak T-3

Mazak T-4

Mazak T-32

Mazak T-32-3

Mazak T-32-4

Mazak T-32-6

Mazak T-32-8

Mazak T-Plus

Mazak MT-640

Mazak Matrix

Okuma OSP300L

Okuma OSP5020L

Okuma OSP7000L

Okuma OSP100L

Okuma OSP E100

Siemens 840C

Fanuc 6t

Fanuc 21t

Fanuc 0t

Fanuc 16t

Haas lathe

Just about every useless Mori seiki version of fanuc lathe and mill controls.

Mill controls...

Mazak M32

Mazak Mplus

Fanuc 0m

Fanuc 16m

Fanuc 15m

Fanuc 18m

Fanuc 21m

Fanuc 31m

Hedenhain

Haas mill

Fadal mill

Just about every useless mori seiki version of the fanuc and Yasnac control

Machines:

Mazak Lathe... Qt's, Integrex, multiplex, dual turn power turn, m4, m5

Haas 2 and 4 axis garbage lathes

Fanuc lathes...mori's, puma, doosan vertical lathes, Hitachi seki

Haas Vf0,1,3,4,11 Vert mills and horizontal

Okuma 2,3,4,5,6,7 axis lathes

Fadal 6030

H Boring mills...Kuraki, Ikegai, Nakamura, Kia, hitachi seki 2/3 axis

Vertical mills...Some european junk with heidenhain, 5 axis/ kitamuras, Many mazak mills Many mori's, Many Mitsubishi's

Horizontal mills...Mazak, Toyoda, Mori's, hitachi seki, kitamura

Programming Controls...Fluent in Fanuc lathes and mills with macros, mazak lathe mazatrol and mill g-code with macro, okuma lathe g-code with macros, haas etc

Software...

Mazacam, camlink, camware, Gibbscam, Esprit, Mastercam, NX, Surfcam, Edgecam, Icam, Vericut, MS excel with VBA, word, PP, Visio, SW, Ashlar Vellum, Solid Edge, Casio Calculator programming for classpad400

I hope this makes you sleep better.

BTW...I am STILL waiting for someone to answer why Plumbers and electricians are paid so much better than machinists. I think by now, we all know why. Point proven :guitar:

Hahaha/

You're FOS.

Guys, why are you wasting your time on this? This clown has one hand down his pants and one on the keyboard, just loving that he's getting you all riled up. Step back a second and you'll see you're being hosed for some reason or another.

C

• Like 3