Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Require operator input. "Yes" or "No"

savagkd

One year ago I knew nothing about machining. Now I can compete against 97% of you. Lathes, 5 axis mills, multi-tasking lathes, post processors. :guitar:

WOW !!!

WTF are you smoking ??

PEACE :D

America proves that I am right EVERYDAY. America is now competing against Chinese and Mexican labor because Americans were to short sighted in seeing the effects of training people their skills. Now look what you have, no union, no pension, low wages and no future. THAT is the effect of training people how to do your jobs. Machinists in the 70's were better off than they are now. At a shop I used to work at a customer brought in a large carbon fiber part that his previous shop could not figure out how to machine. It was a huge dollar job. After we spent weeks perfecting the job the customer came in to check it out. The day shift moron boasted about how we got it figured out and told the customer how we did it. The customer pulled the job, gave it back to his previous machine shop, with all of the information our day shift moron supplied him with. We lost big time just because that moron could not keep his big mouth shut.

To think for one minute that your comment makes ANY sense is LUDICROUS. Right now, anyone can run to youtube to figure out how to do complex 5-axis milling. How does that benefit you? You only limit yourself in your future achievements. If you are being kept in the same position, it is because you did not do what it takes to excel in others. If your employer is holding you back, find another. After all, what is keeping you there? No pension, no union low wages. I suggest you go and talk to Electricians and Plumbers and find out why their pay and benefits are so much higher. Does their trade require more skill? No! The reason is, they fight tooth and nail to keep intruders out.

If I spent 5 years to develop a product and sell it for $10, then show 1000 other people how to develop my product, what do you think is going to happen? They can sell it for a fraction of the price, because they did not have any development costs or troubleshooting.

Your comment is why I question whether or not most machinists are intelligent enough to feed themselves. They do EVERYTHING possible to throw away their livelihoods and then blame everyone else because they can't make enough money to feed themselves or their families. You REALLY need to think about your comment, and the implications it has for ALL of us skilled tradesmen that are fighting to keep this trade profitable. Right now we are in demand. But, we are only in demand if we refrain from giving away our skills. Did you notice that when there are fewer programmers that our pays tends to go up? Why do you think that is? LOL

LMAO! This might be the most "enlightening" post I've ever seen in the main forum. It's always fun to see how other people think. Who knew you could learn complex 5 axis milling on youtube?

I can see why you're of the opinion that garbage men make more than machinists.

Now I can compete against 97% of you

On this board? Um, no. You might have better luck at CNCZone though.

• Like 3

Nope, never been in a union. However, you make it sound as if it is a bad thing. I come from Mexico. We have no unions there. I suggest you goto Mexico to see just what a workers get when they have no unions to support it's workers. What do we get? We get YOUR jobs, at a much lower rate, The important thing is, we have your jobs, and our standard of living is increasing, while yours has gone down since you have disbanded your unions. Sure, some unions go to extremes, but take 5 minutes to think of what your country would be like if you never had unions. Well, you really don't need to think about it, just look what your country is turning into. Pretty soon we will have unions in Mexico, and Americans? Well, they'll have food stamps. A tasty alternative to money.

Hey there compita, don't give all the rest of us Mexicans a bad wrap now.

First off, it shows very well through your comments that you know very little about actual machining and even less about your own national history. Sindicatos laborales have been around in Mexico for a long time. Just ask your abuelito, he'll tell you.

As for that YouTu claim... I think not.

There's a lot of smart, well educated, hard working people in Mexico, none of which you seem to be.

I have to say, this is the first time I've gotten so worked up about a particular poster on this forum. I usually ignore posters like you, but your comments are so out of place with reality that something has to be said.

• Like 4

Hey there compita, don't give all the rest of us Mexicans a bad wrap now.

:thumbsup:

This is a joke right?

Sadly i think the dude is serious :laughing:

PEACE :D

Right now, anyone can run to youtube to figure out how to do complex 5-axis milling.

I am with guitar, I learned everything I know about 5 axis on youtube, and fools that would offer to help me. Also bought my house on youtube, better price than a forclosure....

And I am also in agreement with him about everything else!

GUITAR FOR PREZIDENTE!

Glad to see someone in the world has the nads to stand up to all the people here!

PM me, Guitar. I'll be traveling south later this month and would love to have a beer with you!

The Love of money is the root of all evil. Not money itself, but the love it. This thread went into a whole different direction kind of sad too.

Wrong again. Religion is the root of all evil. Money only bankrolls it.

• Like 1

Not at all.

Wow all in one year? Very cool well you must be that guy getting the $450K a year someone was talking about. NASA and a few other agencies need very intelligent people like yourself. Keep it up and you might even figure out nuclear fusion if you haven't already done so. Also we need to get solar panels down to about $5 a piece producing a 1 gigawatt per 2' x 3' panel and need to last for 50 years so if you could get that figured out over the next year that would be great.