Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Question for tool and die guys

maestro

MrFish and Murlin, we all have been there where are told to make something we know is really not practical, but someone thinks it is a good idea. He needs to make this part. Now if it will make what is needed after it is made is not his responsibility. I have scrapped $800k of part doing what I was told to do, that I said would not work. I was ordered to make it and I made it with my objections noted. I always tell people "if I say it is wrong you might want to listen not that I am the expert, but do you really want me to be right in this case?" I have been wrong before and will probably will be wrong again part of being human, but been right many more times than I have been wrong and that should count for something.

• Like 1
MrFish and Murlin, we all have been there where are told to make something we know is really not practical, but someone thinks it is a good idea. He needs to make this part. Now if it will make what is needed after it is made is not his responsibility. I have scrapped $800k of part doing what I was told to do, that I said would not work. I was ordered to make it and I made it with my objections noted. I always tell people "if I say it is wrong you might want to listen not that I am the expert, but do you really want me to be right in this case?" I have been wrong before and will probably will be wrong again part of being human, but been right many more times than I have been wrong and that should count for something.

Amen to that.

This is true, and we have probably all been there I was just making an observation.

I would love to see how you arrived at 1.57x. You did take into account all the force vectors and bending moments? ....Oh wait, of course you did. You're not the type of person to just spout random #%$*......

Administrators: Why is this person's account still open?

That's right. The big bold machinist can't take a hit, so he runs to mommy to try to be protected. You MUST be an american. LOL

I arrived at that number with math...BTW.

That's right. The big bold machinist can't take a hit, so he runs to mommy to try to be protected. You MUST be an american. LOL

I arrived at that number with math...BTW.

Yup....just a troll. I'll be the bigger man and step away from this conversation.

My buddies on another forum that are following this were laughing about your sniveling, and suggested I present you with this:

Wow and all in one year of starting from nothing to the amazing expert over 97% of the people on this forum in just one short year. They must be legends in their own mind as well huh?

"Administrators: Why is this person's account still open?"

My buddies on another forum that are following this were laughing about your sniveling, and suggested I present you with this:

Nope, don't believe it.

You haven't got any buddies 'cus you're FOS :lol: