Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X8 Verify

Dave Allen

Hello, Using the verify in X8 appears very slow and has poor resolution. The same file and complex stl stock file in X5 works much quicker with much better resolution. Hard to believe that the mastercam verify has regressed in performance, can anyone offer guidance in how to go about setting up the verify/simulator properly.

Thanks

I've had the same feeling that the quality is not as good as before & I'm on X7 MU2, we will let the bugs get worked out of X8 before trying it.

I've just installed X8 and have nothing but good things to say about the improvements. I admit to X7 verify being a bit premature on release (at least as far as bugs go), but X8 has improved drastically on this. Others can chime in, but I haven't seen nearly the number of bug issues floating around the forum about X8, that I had seen when X7 was rolled out. I wouldn't hesitate to update, especially if you're frustrated with X7 verify.

Greg

I'll chime in on this subject.  X7 verify is horrible!!  I thought it was just my under rammed computer, but have just recently upgraded my RAM and video card to what mastercam recommends.... and not any better.  X6 verify, the way the stock model pops up right where i have the geometry was the best.  Now that another window has to open, sucks.  I have a very simple part drawn up to run in verify and the window locks up and says not responding.  Mastercam...why mess up a good thing?

I've had the same feeling that the quality is not as good as before & I'm on X7 MU2, we will let the bugs get worked out of X8 before trying it.

Keep shooting yourself and your company in the foot. I am thankful for people like yourself if everyone would stay current and do the job the best way possible my company would be out of work real quick. Verify is good and gets the job done. What does the finish part look like on the machine and what is the quality of that finish part is the real prof of how things work. Keep making excuses and keep staying where you are I appreciate it. :unworthy: :unworthy:

Keep shooting yourself and your company in the foot. I am thankful for people like yourself if everyone would stay current and do the job the best way possible my company would be out of work real quick. Verify is good and gets the job done. What does the finish part look like on the machine and what is the quality of that finish part is the real prof of how things work. Keep making excuses and keep staying where you are I appreciate it. :unworthy: :unworthy:

Ron needs a vacation... ;)

Ron needs a vacation... ;)

Getting one soon, but X8 with regards to HST toolpaths and other things is the difference maker here. Verify is keeping someone from using the best tool possible for making the machine walk and talk? Code is code and being able to see what the part looks like it good and everything, but either you pull the trigger and get the job done or you keep finding excuses why it is not getting done. I have my share of issues with Mastercam and anyone is more than welcome to ask how many reports I send in about issues with the software.

Sorry but Verify not being locked into the session is a huge step forward for me. Having to stop everything I am doing to verify a part has always bothered me since I started using Mastercam. Amazing how many companies have NC Simul, Vericut, ICAM and don't use them to Verify the parts they go back to Mastercam and complain about it's verify. Really you have tools that is as good as it gets for seeing something real and then want to go back and complain about the pretty picture Mastercam gives will always give and then say it sucks? It is not the real thing on the machine I don't care how good verify software gets it is never the real thing. Surface finish and quality parts comes from people who understand speeds, feeds, tool pressure, cutting forces, good fixturing, and many many other things to go into making a good part.

Mastercam is one part of the equation and not the end all to make good parts. Cannot go to X8 because of you think the Verify sucks sorry I wish I could tell everyone who ask me to do work well I would be glad to do the job, but the Verify sucks so I will starve? Nope either I and our team go in and do the best job possible or we starve.

X8 verify is not one of those things keeping me from using the software and waiting on a MU1 is not either.

Sorry some companies are penny wise and million dollar dumb and don't have verification software.

Just about every CAM Software has issues, and the only way to be as confident as you can be what is running on the machine is the best possible program is to run it through verification period. If not then upgrade sort out what is needed and get the job done. Easy to throw stones, but a lot harder to just move on and do what you can to get the job done.

That is what we do we keeping doing our best to move the job along and get it done to the best of our abilities and sorry if Verify is how some people are living and dying by the sword. We have accepted we need to do what we can to get the job done and if that means working through certain issues we do that. Verify for me and people I work with is not a stumbling block, sorry I cannot join in and throw stones about this issue.

• Like 1

Up graded mine too, to 16 gig.  Didn't make a difference, as far as for X7.  I can have Mastercam x6 and Solidworks both open and bounce back and forth without any hesitation. But when i open X7 and try to verify a simple part, wow, holy slow down.  Don't know what the deal is.

Up graded mine too, to 16 gig.  Didn't make a difference, as far as for X7.  I can have Mastercam x6 and Solidworks both open and bounce back and forth without any hesitation. But when i open X7 and try to verify a simple part, wow, holy slow down.  Don't know what the deal is.

When you reached out to your dealer and asked them about it what was their answer?

IMO something is wrong with your system or your install

I routinely verify 100 meg+ STL files in X7.. X6 can't even get these files open before it crashes and burns

• Like 1

The #1 major reason for moving to x8 is the verify being removed to its own window so it does not impact the ability to run code and program parts while its running verify or anything else for that matter. And you can keep the ball moving along and then go back and forth to check progress at your leisure. Plus all the other GOODIES !

:thumbsup::cheers:

Hello, Using the verify in X8 appears very slow and has poor resolution. The same file and complex stl stock file in X5 works much quicker with much better resolution. Hard to believe that the mastercam verify has regressed in performance, can anyone offer guidance in how to go about setting up the verify/simulator properly.

Thanks

It's not X8. It's your computer. X8 is by far the best yet.

I wonder if it is a permission issue on the computers that are to the low side of the middle for stuff.

Right click on your X8 icon and use the run as administrator. If you see the same thing time to get on the phone and call tech support from your dealer. If that does not get it taken care of then you ramp it up to Corporate CNC to look into.

I have 2 session of X8 running on my laptop with 2 External 27" ASUS MX972 monitors using HDMI. These are manifolds that have almost 300 operations and the Mastercam files are over 150mb. I have 4 different stock models and over 40 different operation groups with 2 different machines in the file. I may have the Verify and the Simulation running at the same time as well. No problem what so ever and I have the precision and the  speed turned up as high as they will go. I get much better ideas going through and verifying my operations being able to look at the operations while I verify. I am not a fan of the stock model and do use the STL from the Verify, but this is a personal choice not I don't think X8 does or handles badly just not the way I want to do it. 

I have my curve tolerance and STL Tolerance set to .001 and my Workpiece tolerance set to .002 for my verify settings. Projects I have done lately are Full 5 axis Impellers, Manifolds for 4 Axis Horizontal, Fittings for a Triple Turret Mill/Turn, and I have looked at 20 or so different files of the forum in the last 5 to 6 months. Verify gives me what I need and I have been able to get the work done. Again sorry it is not working out for you, but I and the high end programmers I know in the industry all agree X8 is by far the best release of Mastercam to date. Again I have my complaints and do have my communications with CNC about them, but they are looked at reviewed and we go from there.

Not one mention of the simulator default settings and where/how to change them ..? Not sure if they are in the "shared" or "my" mcx folder, but there is an xml file that has the settings. Make sure your precision setting is not high, not sure what the default is. You could try setting it to something like .7 or so and see if that helps. The visual quality will be bad, but it should run faster. Hopefully someone else can chime in as I don't know a whole lot about the settings, but I remember there are some changes that can be made for slower systems.