Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Brother machines

One of the guys on Practical Machinist swears by them. He's in automation (car).

They can be interfaced real easy apparently for robots etc.

We have 2x robodrills and love them to bits for their simplicity, but I do think the Brother is a superior machine (stronger, higher torque spindle etc).

I know the Bulova was 30k less than a comparable Robodrill. 20" in the x with a 24k spindle and Mitsubishi  control. Fanuc was extra money with less memory optioned than the Mitsubishi standard. Salesman said it would out preform a Fanuc, but I can't vouch for that. Personally the way it was built looked better than a robodrill and some models have box ways. 

I have 5 brothers. Oldest is 1999 newest is 06. Great machines, fast, reliable and yamazen tech support is very good. Good stock on parts too. Over 5 machines I've changed a few spindles, 2 way covers that broke from being full of chips (*not their fault), 2 limit switches. Very happy with them.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank God!!! all you guy's with Brothers PLEASE help me out. What is the deal with their file extension output? I can put files in and take them out But if I create a new program I can't load it unless I do it by hand .  I tried .NC and ISO but it won't take. It outputs the extension as .FILE??? I tried to do it as .FILE and it still alarms out as Invalid file name . Any Help? P.S. they are Badazz fast and fun to run we have two with Pallet changers and are about to buy a new one.

Thank God!!! all you guy's with Brothers PLEASE help me out. What is the deal with their file extension output? I can put files in and take them out But if I create a new program I can't load it unless I do it by hand .  I tried .NC and ISO but it won't take. It outputs the extension as .FILE??? I tried to do it as .FILE and it still alarms out as Invalid file name . Any Help? P.S. they are Badazz fast and fun to run we have two with Pallet changers and are about to buy a new one.

What machine are you running?

• 2 weeks later...

I got it guy's thanks for your help. This particular machine can't have a O in the program number and must start with a %S at the beginning of the program. And also although you can load and download with the pc you must change the machine setting to PTR to get it to load a foreign program.

Thanks for your support.

Dave