Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Saving a Stock Model

Tinyfxds

I will need to split up my file into 2 seperate files.  I have a stock model of all the operations from setup 1 and 2.  My second file will start with setup 3.  I would like to save my stock model from the first file and import it into my second file.  How do I do this.  I'd like to create another stock model off of this for the setup 3 tool paths.  Is this possible?

It is....

Save it as an stl.....

In your next OP set your stl as stock and then if needed use XFORM >> STL to get it into the correct position

After you do that, as your 1st OP, create a stock model based only on the defined stock(stl) and select no operations, that will give you a stock model to build on

Other than that there's no other way that I am aware to link a stock model to a new file.the stl way is the only way I know

I've never saved a stock model as an stl before.  How would I go about doing that?  If I just do a file save as, it doesn't work.  Am I suppose to save it thru verify as an stl?

You can also right click on the stock model, go to Mill Toolpaths, go to Stock Model Export to STL 

• Like 2

Dave,

There's no tools inside Mastercam that will really do much.. Your best bet in this case is to move it from a known point (in the case of your stock model, choose the edge of the solid or wireframe that made it up).  If it's an STL, you can choose to import the lines with it which will give you entities to grab onto. 

There probably should be an enhancement to allow you to create curve on one edge (or all edges) of the mesh.

Aaron, I can't pick any points on the mesh to accurate transform from point to point. is there a way to do this or do I just have to estimate and get it close.

thx

Yes, create some wire geom on the same level as the pmesh.

When doing multiaxis programming I usually have a level with some kind of reference geom that allows me to aline parts and other geom to one another.

• 2 years later...
1 hour ago, cincy k said:

Bring to life an old topic. How do you use a pmesh as your stock setup for verify? Any way to do this? X9

Save Some

select the pmesh (save it as an STL)

use that as verify stock

or

new stock model (from model) select the pmesh

use the stock model as verify stock

Its been quite a while since I used X9.. if either of these don't work in X9, my apologies

1 hour ago, huskermcdoogle said:

Along these lines, it doesn't appear that you can use a pmesh or stock model for mach sim.  Thoughts?

That is correct you cannot pick a Pmesh. I made the request pick stock models and it is being reviewed. Mean while you save as an STL file and then use that file for the Machine sim. Of you can pick your stock model in the stock page, but then if you have many stock models you are constantly changing that page so I have found it better to use the external stil file process. 

1 minute ago, C^Millman said:

Mean while you save as an STL file and then use that file for the Machine sim.

Yeah, this is what I have been doing.  Shoot half the time I end up exporting the stl from mach sim just to have a stock model when I need on.  Stock model crashes on the one thing I usually need it for.

you can actually use a stock model as machine sim stock.

Set the stock model you want in the "Verify Settings".

Then in the machine sim options for stock use:

Untitled1.png.3b7eeee2776669af542af7d93ce5aa88.png

It says you can also use the mastercam fixture definition:

Untitled2.png.9e9b905e91ef3b600cd9dd1fbddafc36.png

but.......I get an error when i try to use the fixture. Oh well atleast half of it works LOL!