Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Radius intersecting holes Recomendation

Does sending the engineer to the firing squad count as an idea?

If its actually necessary, perhaps a mini right angle head with a custom lollipop and another snaked down through the 1/4 hole, from the picture it looks like the tools would have to have a tiny shank though .. this is why engineers should have to work with a pen and paper and run a machine for a few years before working in a shop as an engineer.

I'm probably a horrible person for thinking this, usually I love a challenge, but in this case I am glad this is someone else's problem.

• Like 2

Pencil grinder and a bottle of Xanax.

I second the Orbitool suggestion. Getting it to cut the right size radius is going to take time and trial and error, since there's no way you can "program" one of those tools, but once you get it it should stay consistent.

Then you get the next problem: how you gonna check it?

thanks all. just sent a message to jwdone. will let you know how it turns out.

think I am going to have to use test pieces to dial in (can cut them in half for inspection) but the real one is going to have to be on inspection cause Im at a loss on that part.

We got the tool from JWDone. great support, instructions and communication.

Foreman made the call to have a senior machinist work it by hand with this tool. worked great. I mentioned senior machinist with intent of more experience in the crafts than I (I am pushing over 30 years machining) so I think he was key.

am anxious to get this in a cnc to see what kind of results we can get but that will have to wait for another job in need of this application.

will try and post results when we do.

thanks for all the idea's

Doug