Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

O.T.deer hunting

Camdude®

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

biss,

I'm pretty central between Saginaw,Flint,Lansing

40 min. drive to any of em

closest town is Chesaning. out in farm country.

I hit an 8 point twice in the front shoulder opening day. He ran in the woods so I left him there for 3 hrs. went back and he was gone #@!$%%^##. blood trail disapeared after a 100 yds. go figure, dam leaves cant see nothing, then of course its gotta rain

I was out there, but with no results. My brother got a buck opening morning, but I only saw 7 deer in 2 days.

The weather in NE Wisconsin was less than ideal. 20-35 MPH wind and 40 degrees on Sat. Then we got 2" of rain on Sunday morning and the wind continued. This morning it is 20 degrees and blowing snow. My dad is out there now, but I'm betting he's sleeping by the woodstove in the deer shack by now. I'm here at work and I'll give it another shot tonight. Hopefully the weather will coop. by the weekend.

Happy Hunting

ScottyB up $20 playing cards though. biggrin.gif

Same weather for me Scott. We hunt in the Nakusa Edwards public land in Wausau. My buddy got a 6 pointer, 160lbs, at 8o'clock opening day. I didn't see a thing all day. We packed it in Sun. morning, it was sleeting like crazy and really didnt seem like that would be fun to hunt in.

Great pictures Tony, thanks for sharing.

quote:

So you're saying it came pre-tenderised?

Maybe I should of been more clear...I think he got me instead of me getting him. The SOB took off into the woods. Left me standing there puzzled confused.gif

quote:

Hope you didn't get hurt.

The coffee wasn't that hot wink.gif

Rob

I got a decent sized 8-point last saturday... I hunt over by Rockingham... Was probably a 3 or 4 year old deer... Waiting not so patiently for my jerky and summer sausage and Italian venison sausage... Not too much in this world that is better than being in the woods on a cool crisp fall morning watching the sun come up... cool.gif

too bad mayday.. don't that suck? at least you saw one. i hunt in the newaygo county area off old m20 between white cloud and big rapids. between 10 of us, we saw 10 deer in 2 days (1 buck and the same set of 3 does 3 different times). i didn't see a thing - unless you count hunters then i saw a bunch. thats the problem with saturday openers with nice weather - every idiot and their brother head out to the woods.

A couple of Gibbs programers are out in the woods deer hunting when one of them falls to the ground. He doesn't seem to be breathing, his eyes are rolled back in his head. The other guy whips out his cell phone and calls 911. He gasps to the operator, "My friend is dead! What can I do?"

The operator, in a calm soothing voice says, "Just take it easy. I can help. First, lets make sure he's dead."

There is a silence, then a shot is heard. The guy's voice comes back on the line. He says, "OK, I'm sure he's dead, now what?"

Nice buck, Dan! You don't see those everyday. Will that one be over the fireplace?

I can't wait to post a pic of my buck, but...first I have to get one. Last night was good though. I took my 4 year old son out to the deer stand and we drank hot cocoa, played cards, and saw a small buck trot past us at 40 yards. It made his day and my season. The outdoor life is good.

ScottyB. leavin' at 2, on the stand by 3. biggrin.gif

good morning forum members.

just thought i would share my 12 yr. old son's first year in the field with a gun. he shot a 4x3 bull elk opening morning 11:00 am. 20 yards and the 4x4 deer was shot the 4th day. i guess you can call it beginers luck. i added my deer and elk also. good luck to the rest of you hunting. cheers.gif

LinkPhoto?GUID=2c69444e-2009-58db-7002-7d17a6093add&size=lgLinkPhoto?GUID=1ee83f66-5580-6a43-e89b-1e582da46b9b&size=lgLinkPhoto?GUID=12ff5034-3205-1ed2-7373-7cee68e3b720&size=lgLinkPhoto?GUID=3e4629f6-5e22-3b2a-375d-2931390e169b&size=lg

Rich,

Awesom pics, congrats to your son!

Where were you hunting. Looks like paradise to me. I'd love to give that a shot someday.

Keep the pics comin' guys.

That's funny, I've now seen more deer from my monitor than from my stand. (don't tell my wife)

By the way,

I told my wife I was going hunting afterwork and then I may play cards with the guys tonight. She said OK. I said I'm going hunting tomorrow morning. She said OK. I said I'm going hunting on Friday. She said OK. I said I'm playing cards with my buddies, who have been gone all week, on Sat. night. She said OK.

Do you think this is a trap???? confused.gif

ScottyB.

ScottyB,we were hunting in colorado (public land)by the state bridge. thanks,my boy is stoked for next year already. what a way to get him hooked. you have to come out and give it a try sometime. the rocky mts. is as close to paradise i think you can get. it is alot different then hunting in WI where i have hunted a few times in the platteville area on my dads farm. if you ever decide to head out this way i'll point you to some good public areas. good luck this weekend.