Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

O.T.deer hunting

Camdude®

how many of you guys will get a deer license to go after them bad boys. I stop hunting years ago because it is easier to hit them with my truck.

i have destroyed in order, a chevy cavalier, a geo prism, an s-10 blazer. by the way the blazer got two deer in the span of one week. i think i live near a herd of suicidal deer. and yes a did have deer whistles on all vehicles biggrin.gif

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Opening day 11-15-03

KA-BANG

so far last weekend 8,10 12 points hiddin in my corn fields. they gota hide in the woods now. all the corn is off. Bummer, I live 5 miles south of the Rifle / shotgun zone in Michigan. So its me and my Browning BPS tomorrow morning

just a note for those of us that hunt how bout some photos during the season

[ 11-14-2003, 02:42 PM: Message edited by: MayDay ]

Scott,

quote:

and then I would carry the deer out on my back.

I am a wise man like you would do a thing like that. Did you tie the antlers onto your head as well? biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Simon,

I know exactly where St-Armand is. Enjoy your meat and have a great supper.

The secret to cooking venison is to take it away from the heat source while it is still fairly rare. The meat will continue to cook once removed from the heat and nothing turns it into boot leather quicker than over cooking. Also please don't smother your venison with thick, hot or sweet marinades. Let the flavour of the game come out (laying a few strips of bacon over it doesn't count). If it tastes bad maybe it was mishandled and you should turn it into sausage. Check with Jack for some recipes.

Phil

Call me a wimp,but I just don't think I could do it.

I would prolly feel soo bad after that it would bother me.

I do own a marlin 30-30 and a marlin 35.

I have used them at the range years ago,but not recently.

And no,I am not against hunting,and I love to eat meat.

When I was younger,I shot 22's and would kill anything that moved.

I guess as I get older,I realize that my life is soo precious (as anyones)that I look at the animals in the same way.

It is just not for me.

Please don't flame me for this,I am not trying to say that it is bad.

It happens when I go fishing too! rolleyes.gif

I feel bad keeping them.

Bucket

I think it helps when you see them over there..

Then your there and now they show up over there..

Then you set up there ,there going there, But they wind you then Blow and scatter...

So being frustrated you decide to step it up a notch in your favor....

You Subscribe to "North American Whitetail"

and start picking up on the How too's & There Behavior.

Now you are chomping at the bit...

Check...CheckMate!!!

Really, Hunting is what you make it..

Some people Shine deer at night..

some people hunt out of cabins over bait...

Some people Drive deer into an ambush...

Some people scout them constantly and then pick them off when everything is a "GO" like a sniper. (Me)

Hi Bucket, Hi all

When I was about 7 my older brother and I were painting the inside walls of the garage. I noticed that a fly had gotten stuck in the little paint puddle inside the rolling pan. I got it out and I tried to clean the paint off,,my brother said leave it alone it's going to die anyway,,and I felt that my paint was directly responsible, It broke me up.(Yes,,over a fly).

I still go hunting with my brother mainly just to be on an outing with a family member. He know's that I would feel bad afterwards also , so that is why I always participate by carrying the deer.

I also can't fish for the same reason. I'm ok with it the way it is and I don't feel wimpy .

Scott teh'I wouldn't hurt a fly

• 2 weeks later...