Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Free ActiveReports template for setup sheets

themachinist

On a side note make sure you have a customer name in the Customer field otherwise this setup sheet will not load. just something I noticed but its a very good setup sheet.

Interesting. I'll look into that.

If anyone else finds any issues, feel free to click the issues tab on github and record the problem. I will take a look at it and fix it.

https://github.com/themachinist/mastercam-setup-sheet/issues

This looks very cool.  I just do nto understand how to make it work.  Can you please provide information on how to use it.

Yes, I will make a video soon.

Written instructions:

1. click the download ZIP button the github page

2. extract zip to %wherever_you_keep_your%\shared mcamx9\common\reports

3. Go to Settings > Configuration > Toolpaths

4. Make sure Setup Sheet program is set to ActiveReports

5. Go to Reports

6. On the right hand side click the file cabinet icon next to File name:

7. Navigate to %wherever_you_keep_your%/\shared mcamx9\common\reports\mastercam-setup-sheet-master

8. Select "sample-setup-sheet.rpx"

9. Click the green check mark

Then you can generate the report by using the Setup Sheet.. menu item, as usual.

First of all..Thank you for the free setup sheet. I have been trying to figure out on why on jobs that have enough ops that carry over to another page, sometimes it will split the op between two pages.

I wasn't able to find a simple solution for that problem. It's mainly a cosmetic issue, but I may find a fix in the future. If someone else is able to fix it I will push an update.

I wasn't able to find a simple solution for that problem. It's mainly a cosmetic issue, but I may find a fix in the future. If someone else is able to fix it I will push an update.

Okay, I just looked at it and the answer was both simple, plus right there in front of me. If you look at the properties of the Detail page there is a peroperty named "KeepTogether" which will prevent the object from being split by a page break. I've pushed an update to GitHub and closed the issue.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I am running x7 and im getting no output of the feed rate or plunge rate. I am getting spindle rpm and est. machining time so

it is seeing feed rates obviously but not outputting to report. could it be that im x7 and this was written in x9.

Yes. I think you are likely seeing this issue because the fields may have a different name between X7 and X9.

Can anyone who is running X7 please send me the XML file from your report? It will be in the folder %your mcamx7%\common\reports\XML. My email address is in my signature.

• 1 month later...

First of all, I want to say; thank you so much! We have been using the mill2 sheet, but this is much better.

I did a little modification on this, to suit our operators desires. I get a message "got @#$% of lutz", followed by "input string was not in a correct format". I get the message twice. Also (maybe related?) the Est Cycle Time= 00:00:00 & the Min. Travel just prints the "Label16".

Can you point me in the right direction to fix these issues?

Zeke

First of all, I want to say; thank you so much! We have been using the mill2 sheet, but this is much better.

I did a little modification on this, to suit our operators desires. I get a message "got @#$% of lutz", followed by "input string was not in a correct format". I get the message twice. Also (maybe related?) the Est Cycle Time= 00:00:00 & the Min. Travel just prints the "Label16".

Can you point me in the right direction to fix these issues?

Zeke

Whoops. Forgot to take my personally branded error message out. Could you describe what you have changed or send me your updated report? The error message is related to the Min. Travel field, which is put together by some (rather shoddy) c# code on the Script tab. I'm guessing there is a problem with the input. Are you using this as a Setup Sheet or a Tool List?

• Like 1

Whoops. Forgot to take my personally branded error message out. Could you describe what you have changed or send me your updated report? The error message is related to the Min. Travel field, which is put together by some (rather shoddy) c# code on the Script tab. I'm guessing there is a problem with the input. Are you using this as a Setup Sheet or a Tool List?

No worries, I thought it was hilarious.

I removed the notes from the Staging, Setup & Material Info sections & put them in the Offsets section. I want to be able to use the note fields from the setup sheet dialog to tell the operators where the G54 is set on the raw stock (We almost exclusively use G54, almost).

Here is the updated report

Zeke

No worries, I thought it was hilarious.

I removed the notes from the Staging, Setup & Material Info sections & put them in the Offsets section. I want to be able to use the note fields from the setup sheet dialog to tell the operators where the G54 is set on the raw stock (We almost exclusively use G54, almost).

attachicon.gifSS dialog.JPG

Here is the updated report

Zeke

I'm not sure why but the file -test_offset_sec.rpx in that archive is empty, it's zero bytes.

I updated the function that calculates the travel to fix that error, if it still fails it will say that it couldn't calculate the travel next to the label. The only case I can think of that would is if you tried to use this report as a Tool List and not a Setup Sheet, or if you change the recordset pattern of the data source.

You can find the updated file at github

• Like 2

One thing I do is use the screen icons to turn on/off the graphics screen stuff when doing screen shots using active reports. Remember you need to build everything you want to see before doing the screen shots. Doing it during is to me a sloppy way of going about it as you have no level control. I have asked for quick mask abilities why creating the screen shots, but I cannot tell you if or when that will come.

One thing I do is use the screen icons to turn on/off the graphics screen stuff when doing screen shots using active reports. Remember you need to build everything you want to see before doing the screen shots. Doing it during is to me a sloppy way of going about it as you have no level control. I have asked for quick mask abilities why creating the screen shots, but I cannot tell you if or when that will come.

If you press the camera button you can set up the view (using the view drop down and level manager) and even add comments annotations before you click the button to actually capture the graphics screen. I've been trying to find time to make a video explaining it (for jlw – i didnt forget just been busy), so look for that in this thread in the near future

Could you please generate that setup sheet, then find the newest .xml file in the folder %shared mcamx9%/common/reports/xml and upload that? You can also email it to me (in case there is sensitive info in it): [email protected]

Those tools appear to be the same (since their properties are the same) but the estimated cycle time for them are different so that implies there are separate entries. Could there be two copies of the same tool in the program that are both being used? 

Could you please generate that setup sheet, then find the newest .xml file in the folder %shared mcamx9%/common/reports/xml and upload that? You can also email it to me (in case there is sensitive info in it): [email protected]

Those tools appear to be the same (since their properties are the same) but the estimated cycle time for them are different so that implies there are separate entries. Could there be two copies of the same tool in the program that are both being used? 

I'll have to upload it later this evening, it's something I've been working on at home & I don't have it here at work. There is only 1 of each tool in the program, but I have different speeds & feeds on different ops & it seems to give a duplicate tool callout if the op has different XY offsets. The different cycle times appear related to those differences.

Zeke