Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Thead Mill

jimp

All we cut here is Quartz so our tools are Diamond formed tools(class as single point) cheers.gif . The problem I have with Thread mill is that I need to take multi cuts which means having to draw numerous arc at diferent step sizes is there a C hook that allows Multi thread cutting? Thanks in advance.

Jimp Scotland.

cheers.gif

Hello jimp,

I do not know if there is a chook for that but I can tell you that when ever we do some thread milling here, I always use the same toolpath but I am editing the value of the tool compensation in the program.

Just another way around, I guess.

Have a nice day,

quote:

I have to thread 20 threaded holes 10-24 UNC, which would need a lot of editing.

Write the program in incremental for one hole at X0 , Y0 save that and run it as a sub program. in your main program you only need to position to the hole location and then call the sub. that way any edits you make carry over to any hole you want to do

You do not need to draw any arcs to do threadmilling. If you use the threadmill function in V9, you simply define your start point in X,Y, your depth and thread lead and major or minor dia. You can copy your operation and use the overcut parameter (I believe that is what it's called) to take a second pass. You can also use cutter comp in control, or copy your operations.

I agree that multi passes in threadmilling would be a nice function to have

[ 12-12-2003, 07:43 PM: Message edited by: Peter Eigler ]