Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

mastercam wire reseller service

Candyman

hi we recently upgraded to mastercam 9.1mill and introduced wire 9 for the first time.. as usual our reseller said wire would be completely compatable with our 3 machines agie dem 315 an ac100 and a new classic cut 2s... well he got the post about 90 % right for the dem and the 100 but do ya think he will come back again and fix the few remaining probs we have?? not likely once he was paid that was it.. aparently the classic cut is a completly different matter..it has to be output with double line moves one for the top head and one for the bottom so we have given up on that machine completly.. we just run the program from the ac100 though an iso converter and program it from within the machine. is there someone at mastercam who will fix our couple of minor problems ... which should have been dealt with by our local reseller.. its a little disappointing to hear by boss bitch and moan about people who dont deliver 100% of what they promised.. now our wire guy is stuck editing his nc files till we can get this sorted out if at all... thanks paul

how can you resolve issuses with your reseller if he isnt interested in getting back to you about your problems?? we are not interested in leaving message after message for this guy who just gives us the brush off... thats why i would rather go over his head and go straight to mastercam ..

Well I see the lock coming!! Yuo would best off to retract your airing here and put u psoe msample code and then soe mgood code along with a sample file and I bet it will get you alot futher.

With that said we all have things in life that gives us problems and this is not the place in which to express your problem with your dealer. It can be alot of thing out of his control leading to this issue and you may have just cost him business. I would hope that if your company is havign a bad day or week that your customers and mot making hard for you to do business. I have been out for a week just had a kid and things didn't go very well and alot of people are upset but all will be well tommorrow and thankful I got customers that understand things happen like life and dont go bashing us for that going on.

Please sir rethink your bashing and take it up with CNC Software. Like I said earlier put up a spefic question we all do our best to help try to hurt someone business and I don't see it getting you very far.

Like it not folks the Dealers are people trying to make a living just like you an me. They got familes, bills, and responbilites just like you and me. Think about it being done to you when you make a mistake or have a bad day or something not go your way and that cost you possible alot of business that is the biggest reason I think for the rules and the conduct that needs to be good in this place.

Crazy Millman teh soapbox is put away.

quote:

o ya think he will come back again and fix the few remaining probs we have?? not likely once he was paid that was it.. aparently the classic cut is a completly different matter..

Yes ,I do !

quote:

but so far as making excuses for resellers well thas going a little far some of you people are soooo touchy...

The rules R rules .

I would be very doubtful to believe that your reseller is complete fool to behave as U describe frown.gif

He will loose a client ,ruin the reputation ,who wishes ?

I would suggest the misunderstanding here .

And don`t divide people to resellers and not .

Many of this forum members are dealers and very helpful to everyone .

I would propose to cool a bit ,contact Ur dealer and get to understanding with him .

Noone wants to fool nobody ,I believe, it is not the Christmass sale ,everyone want to do buiseness for many years .

Well ,regarding bashing Ur reseller I want to warn U that U will gain nothing but can loose a lot ....

Better ask specific questions and someone may help U smile.gif

Iskander teh conformist

Paul, sorry to hear about your problems with your posts. We had similar editing problems when we first started using Mastercam but they were caused by our lack of post-editing knowledge and our company's lack of $$ to pay for post mods at the time. As a result, we ended up tinkering with the posts ourselves with the help of CNC Software's post editing publications, help from forum members, and free guidance from our [very good] reseller.

Unfortunately I know absolutely nothing about wire EDM or I'd try to offer some assistance and I don't know how hard it would be to edit your post yourself. Is this something you think you could do?

As for 'airing reseller issues'; why do lousy resellers get a free pass here? If the people aren't doing their job, they deserve to get bitched about. Don't even TRY to tell me 'all our resellers are hard-working and knowledgeable, blah, blah' because I'm NOT buying it. My reseller is terrific but I know of those that aren't. This fellow didn't say 'my reseller, Smith and Jones, sucks', so how is he 'airing issues with his reseller'? I don't know who the hell he's dealing with; so what does it matter?

Just curious

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Really in all honesty, dealing with CNC directly to reslove your reseller issues goes a lot further than airing dirty laundry.

With that said, if you've got some specific post questions, please feel free to ask. I've worked on a few wire posts in my day (not a lot - but a few) and I'm almost always willing to help out a fellow Mastercam user.

quote:

As for 'airing reseller issues'; why do lousy resellers get a free pass here? If the people aren't doing their job, they deserve to get bitched about. Don't even TRY to tell me 'all our resellers are hard-working and knowledgeable, blah, blah' because I'm NOT buying it.

Well put Mr. Moffatt!

[ 12-15-2003, 03:55 PM: Message edited by: A-ron ]

Ok you guys so let me have all of your customers information. Phone numbers and such. Past and present. I want to see if you have every made a maistake or done something worng for one of them in your many years of prefection. I am then going to air that out on here and any other place that might effect you financally and see how you like it. This is not the palce as stated in the guideline so you don't like that then dont come here. But I have yet to see any response on his part which leads me to believe that his probelm with the dealer is his inability to communicate back to his dealer and his wanting soemthing for free and for someone to be a mind reader.

Crazy Millman

quote:

so you don't like that then dont come here

I don't believe that it is your place to be reading me the riot act here, Ron; do you? I don't believe that I must be a sheep and toe the company line without protest when I feel it to be incorrect. I'm not trying to cause a ruckus; merely expressing my opinion.

C

Wow! Is it possible that Mastercam is still the best software out there for the money despite the fact that not all resellers are perfect? And who is more liable in this equation a small shop owner with two or three customers, shelling out $7,000-14,000 or some reseller backed by the Mastercam name who can afford to lazily blow someone off and concentrate on the next commision 'cause despite the complaints to CNC software he is still moving product?

No beefs here just posing a simple question and pointing out that Mastercam as a whole is backed by the support of a team of professionals while a reseller may be anything but professional in some cases.

I agree he should have read the FAQs but to act like all the resellers are perfect is simply naive.

Chris is not meant to you or anyone personally. I just hate to see people come in here and bitch about a reseller and then say they want help but yet then never come back. I wonder how many of you that have good serivce and help from your reseller come on here and praise them everytime that happens. I just see it time and time again not just here but everywhere people are so quick to point and the bad and things not going good but never want to point out things done right. I am not tryign to take the company line here and be a brown noser. It is just the same old same old come in here complain then haul xxxx to never be heard from again. I can run into any church and scream fire just like the next guy. It the church the right place to place to cause a probelm no. Take it anyway you want but this guy has been registered for over 3 years and has 47 posting the number doesn't mean a thing but I being a resonable person would have to think that he has had Mastercam for three years and in that three years he has had crappy service and just now complains about it. I and others offer him help where the hell is he just stirring the pot getting his jabs in and then will lurk on. It might be easy to track down his dealer when there is not to many in his terroitry. I can tell you who alot of peoples' are with a little work. He is not saying he is from AUSTRALIA he is saying he is from Langwarrin, Victoria, Australa know I don't know how big that is but if there were people in that terroitry on here thinking about getting Mastercam or Smartcam which one do you think they might lean to buying after reading his rip or anyone esle rip. I would think that those of us no matter what service we may or may not get from a reseller would want soemoen not to buy Mastercam.

I opened my mouth and said soemthing stupid so I honestly said it without thinking and was averagted and I am sure this person is but see the difference was I was person enough to own up to it and apoligze for my mistake. So many dont and they just bash and run. It is not meant as a personal attack on this person but just a come on put your place in soemone else shoes for once. We all can see thing one way but how many of us take the tiem to see it from soemone else view or take the time to understand the whole problem here. I would like the reseller then coem on here and tell allthe stupid call soemoen of us have made when we did something stupid would that be fair. If we could have the right to attack them why could they not have the right to attack us. How about they break out the Pirate Book and tell us all the shop who were using Mastercam illegally before. How fair is that not so again the rules are meant as what they are and just like anything in life if you dont like them noone is making them stay here and follow them.

I am not saying anyone is perfect you show me a perfect person who has never made a mistake in their life I will show you a lier.

Crazy Millman

[ 12-15-2003, 10:52 PM: Message edited by: Millman^Crazy ]

this expression of mine want not intended as a bashing but mearly to point out the fact that in all likelyhood our local dealer will probably never return for a minor editing of the post when he has other more lucrative jobs to persue.. so rather than carry on about it if anyone out there can help with what i call a minor editing problem please let me know so i can email a sample file and a post .. i think this forum is a valuable resource of knowledge and im sorry i cant offer any of my opinions as i feel you guys are completely out of my league and beyond so far as programming is concerned.. thanks..

Paul,

I would recommend that you:

1) take Glenn Bouman's advice and look at the MPWAGEVO.PST.

2) if that doesn't cut it for you, send an e-mail to your dealer AND to [email protected] explaining why it's still not working for you.

3) express any displeasure with your dealer's support directly to [email protected]. Doing so on the forum won't help solve that problem.

Good luck and keep us informed of your progress.

PDG

Hello.

I am the Mastercam Re-seller that sold this operator's company the V9 Upgrade.

With the order, I said I would tailor the Post for their old Agie W/C machines. Over a period of several weeks, I spent over 1.5 weeks of my time at NO COST to alter the Post to the W/C Operators satisfaction. They did not pay the account until this was signed off. (It had to output exactly like the Lama system in every detail.)

With the new Agie, I was told this was not an issue, as it was supplied with an ISO converter, that would automatically convert into it's new format.

After a couple of months, there emerged 2 bugs, one starting on arcs, which I set another post as a work around, and the other bug was not outputting all D or T registers when changed. All other aspects of the Post including multiple cavities, multiple angles, etc are working fine.

Yes, I have had another large project on that I could not leave, and I have not been back.

Perhaps a work order would be a good incentive!

If work is required to setup the new machine, this is a new matter.

Sometimes when you give time (with results) away, it is definitely not appreciated.

Alfred Salzmann

Hey this guy Flamed him and we warned him. I think he has got the right to Explain himself. It is funny how most times you only hear one side of the Story. I don't see anything thing about them signing off and about his week and half time in the other posting. I don't see any mention about them getting new machines and theh thinking they should get working post for free for those machines. Seems to me that is like coming on here and asking for a free post and see the results you get. Nice to hear the other side fo the Coin.

Crazy Millman