Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

netwoking Mastercam

mayday

we will be getting the Maintanace deal. we are also considering the network hasp because we will be adding more seats later on. can I get some pros and cons from those of you that have this now? we are running Novel. all systems will be running XP eventually. some are on 2k currently

+1 to kathy, i have the net hasp on my box also putting it on the server was not advised from cnc.

ron all you need to acces mc from home with the net hasp is the ip address of the box with the hasp on it and make sure all the privacy is shared outside of the shop.any thing with a ip number can concivably be accesed out side of the shop barring the protection is set up that way with administrator.we have a couple of cameras in our shop and with the dsl i have at home i just type in the ip of a particular camera and wahlah live feed.the net hasp would be same way.

btw pro-e works the same way

trevor

We have a roach of a server and the only thing

thats slow is start up. Otherwise no problems

at all. 2 level 3, 2 level 2, 1 solid, 1 lathe.

Everybody shares them all. It works great!!

If the server goes down "break time"!!!! eek.gif

PEACE biggrin.gif

[ 12-19-2003, 12:11 AM: Message edited by: Hardmill ]

We are back in the debate of weather to put the nethasp on the network server, or leave it local on my PC.

Yesterday, I accidentally turned off both my PC and the UNIX workstation by hitting the power strip on the floor with my foot! Than, my PC wouldn’t boot up! It is really disheartening to keep seeing the blue screen of death! frown.gif

Well, we were able to get it working again, and we are all back up and running.

Bullines – how hard would it be to setup up one of the other Mastercam stations to be a backup server? If my PC goes down, we swap out the hasp to the backup PC, and we are off and running? Could you give me easy instructions on how to set it up?

Kathy

Singing “I want a new PC for Christmas…”

biggrin.gif

quote:

how hard would it be to setup up one of the other Mastercam stations to be a backup server? If my PC goes down, we swap out the hasp to the backup PC, and we are off and running? Could you give me easy instructions on how to set it up?

kathy,

if you switch the hasp to a different box i believe all you neen to no is open the nhasp utility and switch the new box(the one with the hasp)to say local and after you take hasp off of your box yours will now need to be set to network.

i had to temporarily move ours for a couple of days when my box got rebuilt and it worked fine doing it that way. just remember the only computer that should say local is the one with the hasp all the others need to be set at net work.

hth,

trevor

the main advantage of nethasp is that you can have a mix of level licences and design.users swap licences to suit there current needs. this saves money by purchasing a design or level 1

instead of say a level 3 also solids licences can go with any other licence.i have set up a default licence for each user by applying switches to the mastercam icon on the desk top and put all other possable licence combinations in a folder on the desktop.on the down side you will be told if that license is not available but who is using it? there is no way of knowing who is using what licence execept by phisically checking .if you have a situation of say one lathe and one person who programs for it then dont put that licence on the net hasp.

bb