Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X9 cannot find parasolid data in solidworks file

chiller

Are you trying to open SolidWorks 2016 files? That's not yet supported in X9.

Or perhaps you re-installed or repaired a MC or SW installation that is a little older (just guessing).

You should be able to shut down MC (and SW if your running it) and re-register SWDocumentMgr.DLL.

There is a thread (or two or ten) that you can search for that will describe how to do that.

Sometimes if you are using the configuration manager in Solidworks you need to activate the specific configuration, then save.  That is the only time I have seen this issue, when a file with multiple configurations has been changed but the individual configurations haven't been activated to accept the changes.

I really don´t get why at least one of the many topics about this hasn´t been pinned yet.

Most likely because it's many times a different issue, from registering the dll to trying to import from an unsupported version

jparis, I do know the differance and they are not 2016 files. Anyway, I did find a thread that had me go into the following...

right click on CMD.exe and run as administrator

then run the following in CMD

C:\windows|syswow64\regsrv32.exe "C:\program files\mcamx9\common\swoksdata\swdocumentmgr.dll"

Worked great.

Thank for all the responces.

This process should be pinned. I agree

• 1 year later...

OK, so what happens when registering the dll doesn't fix it? I used the advanced configuration tool to unregister and reregister...no luck. I used the cmd line as administrator...no luck. Now what? I got confirmation messages both times that the dll had been registered.

Not sure what happened here. I opened about 20 SW files yesterday with no problem and now this morning I'm hosed.

Using X9.

4 minutes ago, Thad said:

OK, so what happens when registering the dll doesn't fix it? I used the advanced configuration tool to unregister and reregister...no luck. I used the cmd line as administrator...no luck. Now what? I got confirmation messages both times that the dll had been registered.

Not sure what happened here. I opened about 20 SW files yesterday with no problem and now this morning I'm hosed.

Using X9.

Is it possible that some files are being output in a newer version of SW's?

7 minutes ago, JParis said:

Is it possible that some files are being output in a newer version of SW's?

Yes, it's possible. I just tried opening a SW file that I opened and programmed about a month ago and it won't open for me now. Interesting that the date on the file is yesterday and not months ago when it was originally designed. Perhaps our design dept updated something after I left yesterday. They work different hours than I do and are here after I leave. I'll ask them when they get in.

Thanks JP.

If you need to open the latest versions and the version you're running won't do it....either the newer version or see if your people will output them as translated files

1 hour ago, Thad said:

Is that my only option if I want to open the *native files* in MC?

If you want to run SW2017 files in X9 you will have to open them in MC2017 and, save them as a parasolid

In MC2017 make sure the Save As version is no higher than 27  ( see the Converters page in System Config)

You will be able to open those files in X9

The only way to work with true native SW2017 files is to start using MC2017

• Like 2