Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Outputting work coordinates

So not a Guru

Make sure your planes parameters in the toolpath has this little box checked:

post-52560-0-10688700-1449491336_thumb.jpg

I modified my post so I put in the actual offset number. Using "1" just doesn't work for me.

If that box is checked, look in your misc. values. Depending on your post, there might be a variable in there that dictates your offset output.

I modified my post so I put in the actual offset number. Using "1" just doesn't work for me.

If that box is checked, look in your misc. values. Depending on your post, there might be a variable in there that dictates your offset output.

I have that box checked & there isn't anything in my misc values that has anything to do with work coords.

We still have support for the post, so I can have it changed, but I have a feeling I'm just missing something.

Zeke

Work Offset

0 = G54

1 = G55

2 = G56

3 = G57

4 = G58

5 = G59

6 = G54.1

ECT...ECT...ECT

post-5941-0-42431900-1449497113_thumb.jpg

Edit....I usually set my offsets here....all the ones with the blue checkmark are used and it is really easy.

If you notice I have all of mine set to 0.

This is for 5-axis and I only want to output G54.

post-5941-0-57507400-1449498206_thumb.jpg

Capture.JPG

I like that. Why is this not the standard?

If you have a custom post you will need to go into the post and check the part that says use Mastercam offsets.

Been one of those things I have asked for and not something I ever see changing from the default. You can go into your post and change it. I wrote logic years ago to support G54 to G59 and G54.1 P1 to P48 and shared it on the forum, It would error out if someone tried to use a 49 to 53 Fixture offset. Do a search if you can't find it I will dig and see if I can find it, thought it is a pretty simple post mod.

Been one of those things I have asked for and not something I ever see changing from the default. You can go into your post and change it. I wrote logic years ago to support G54 to G59 and G54.1 P1 to P48 and shared it on the forum, It would error out if someone tried to use a 49 to 53 Fixture offset. Do a search if you can't find it I will dig and see if I can find it, thought it is a pretty simple post mod.

I haven't been able to locate it. What strings should I include in my search?

pwcs            #G54+ coordinate setting at toolchange
    if home_type >= one,
      [
      sav_frc_wcs = force_wcs
        if sub_level$ > 0, force_wcs = zero
      if sav_mr6 = 1, workofs$ = sav_workofs
      if workofs$ > 59, result=mprint(sworkofserror, 2), exitpost$ #Must use a Number Less than 59
      if workofs$ = 49, result=mprint(sworkofserror, 2), exitpost$ #Must use a Number Less than 54 or greater than 48
      if workofs$ = 50, result=mprint(sworkofserror, 2), exitpost$ #Must use a Number Less than 54 or greater than 48
      if workofs$ = 51, result=mprint(sworkofserror, 2), exitpost$ #Must use a Number Less than 54 or greater than 48 
      if workofs$ = 52, result=mprint(sworkofserror, 2), exitpost$ #Must use a Number Less than 54 or greater than 48
      if workofs$ = 53, result=mprint(sworkofserror, 2), exitpost$ #Must use a Number Less than 54 or greater than 48  
      if workofs$ <= 0, workofs$ = 54
      if workofs$ <> prv_workofs$ | (force_wcs & toolchng),
        [
        if sub_level$, result = mprint(swrkserror)
        if workofs$ > 53,
          [
          g_wcs = workofs$
          *g_wcs
          ]
        else,
          [
          p_wcs = workofs$
          "G54.1", *p_wcs
          ]
        ]
      force_wcs = sav_frc_wcs
      !workofs$
      ]

Here you go from a 2007 Integrex Post. Looking at it could be written more elegantly. It is like me rough around the edges, but gets job done. :turned: :turned:

Need to add this error string message.

sworkofserror : "WORKOFFSET IS EITHER GREATER THAN 59 OR 49 TO 53 MUST USE A NUMBER 1-48 OR 54-59"

HTH

Could you just change the "G54.1" to "G154" and have it work with the expanded offsets in a HAAS?

I think you missed the point. Question was asked about using 54 in the workoffsets inside of Mastercam and have that match G54 on the workoffset output. Pretty hard explaining to people that 0 is 54 and 1 is 55 and 2 is 56 and go the other way when you start using expanded workoffsets. The way I put above to me a logical and easier way to teach is the number matches what you are doing on the machine. You want G54 you put G54 in the offset. You want G54.1 P32 then you put in 32. Now when you come back to your Mastercam file 5 years later you now 32 is 32 and 54 is 54 not that 0 is 54 and 26 or 38 is 32 like it currently is. Hopefully that is correct in my thinking, but been proven wrong many times before.