Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

3dconnexion SpaceNavigator... Stopped working?

Mick

I've just started getting some weird behaviour from my SpaceNavigator.

I'm running the latest drivers, and all was good. Now, whenever I boot up, it wont function in Vericut, Mastercam, TopSolid or anything else.

I have to shut down whatever app I'm running, start the 3Dconnexion properties app, shut that down, then restart Vericut etc, then it works. The driver sees the Navigator fine in the device manager, and the blue LED's are lit.

Anyone encountered this before?

Yes, I started and stopped the driver, and I also uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers.

I'll maybe try their tech support.

I can't help but think that it is a windows update of some description. Nothing else has changed :(

I'm running Solidworks, yes. Though I'm still on SW2014 on this machine. What is an EV version?

an evaluation version prior to formal release

a production candidate in Mastercam betaspeak

If I were you I'd run a repair  ( or reinstall ) of SolidWorks

I was having terrible trouble with my Space Pilot

One day it worked fine, the next it didn't

Installing SW2016 SP3.0EV fixed the problem

I tried various USB ports, but the problem persists regardless of which port I use.

I've noticed Windows UAC seems more actively lately, popping up prompts for some programmes. Maybe that has something to do with it. That points to maybe some Windows update.

Do you guys turn UAC off? Everything I've read says don't.

*Sigh*, I miss the old DOS and Windows 3.11 days... LOL

Always that and give the MCAMX folder in program files full permissions to the IT Level. Pre Windows 7 when you were an Admin you had those rights. Post Win 7 you must go give the rights. Might have been the same for Vista, but I skipped that like I skipped Win 8.