Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Autocad equivalent of MC's Translate-join?

Thad

Excellent. Thanks John.

You know, it seems that every time someone bashes MC's CAD capabilities, the usual response is "It's MasterCAM, not MasterCAD." I'll tell you what, it's been painful watching our Autocad guy do things that are a walk in the park in MC. I'll take MasterCAD over Autocad any time.

Good job CNC Software!

The first CAD program I had exposure to was AutoCad (this was over 20years ago), I used it up until I got Mastercam. I have not touched AutoCad since 2005.

I have always found Mastercam's CAD portion easy to use.

Agreed. I learned back in 91 and used AutoCad up until 2001. I have not touched it since either. I have used Pro-E, CATIA, UG(NX), Solidworks, SpaceClaim, Ablire, CAD-KEY, Fusion, Inventor and some others for CAD work off/on over the years. Mastercam can't do it all, but for non-degree person like myself Mastercam gets the job done. 

• Like 1

True.  We were using Autocad in high school drafting, but I was already working with my dad and we had Cadkey(better than Autocad IMO) and then I started using Mastercam and its not bad.  The solids unitll X7 left something on the table, but it got so much better with X8.

I think the modelling in 9 is superb.

We have Inventor here but only use it for the odd translation (catia or screwy step file).

I still use acad (LT) for concept design layouts and more involved fixture design because I've been on it sooooo long, but also it's better for layer management (freeze would be a superb addition to Mastercam - but you guys know that!)