Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Different button sizes in the Ribbon Bar

Fhgfgjfg

Switching over looks to be very time consuming .

Really?

I had everyone here up and running in 10  minutes after the installation was complete?

Yup, very time consuming....

Poor skill is a poor excuse IMNSHO

Really?

I had everyone here up and running in 10  minutes after the installation was complete?

Yup, very time consuming....

Poor skill is a poor excuse IMNSHO

Sorry John this time I will disagree. Now I may not be the super user some are but I'm definitely not a rookie. This release to me is a huge POS. When you have numerous customers spending lots of time searching and customizing because you changed the interface yet again it may not be the customer who is lacking. Not everyone sits and programs all day. Some of us need to set up and keep machines running in addition to programming. We don't have tons of time to keep relearning every release. There is a huge percentage of users that are 3 axis with some 3D milling thrown in. Many of the changes they keep making are useless to us.  And up and running in 10 minutes is not the same as being as proficient as you were.

JM2C

• Like 6

Sorry John this time I will disagree. Now I may not be the super user some are but I'm definitely not a rookie. This release to me is a huge POS. When you have numerous customers spending lots of time searching and customizing because you changed the interface yet again it may not be the customer who is lacking. Not everyone sits and programs all day. Some of us need to set up and keep machines running in addition to programming. We don't have tons of time to keep relearning every release. There is a huge percentage of users that are 3 axis with some 3D milling thrown in. Many of the changes they keep making are useless to us.  And up and running in 10 minutes is not the same as being as proficient as you were.

JM2C

You're right on proficiency

Change over is a snap, like any other software, seat time, seat time seat time

You're right on proficiency

Change over is a snap, like any other software, seat time, seat time seat time

Just got a puter that will run 2017 yesterday. Already jumping in. But like I said to me the interface is more cumbersome. But like all other releases in time I will figure it out. No choice got to keep up or be left behind. Kept one job years ago because I was up on X and the other guy stayed in V9.1.

• Like 1

Just got a puter that will run 2017 yesterday. Already jumping in. But like I said to me the interface is more cumbersome. But like all other releases in time I will figure it out. No choice got to keep up or be left behind. Kept one job years ago because I was up on X and the other guy stayed in V9.1.

You do have to stay up, the world is changing FAST

I think that individual is still on V9 too.....

It was to me at first too....that feeling did NOT last long. I certainly missed no deadlines

I waited a few releases into X before switching, and with zero regrets.  It took them that long for the bug and crash complaints to start tapering down, and to put in enough customization to make it usable to me.  I will do the same for the new version and hope for similar results.  The handle of a tool should fit your hand, not the other way around.

Anicam 1.0

I don't recall the OS, but it was pre DOS

The machine was an NEC with 2 8" floppy drives, 64k of ram

and a 13" four color monitor

The floppies wore out after a month's use and I had

to retire the system when I could not longer buy 8" floppies.

By then Anicam 2.0 was available

It ran on an IBM XT, with DOS and a mouse

I remember Anicam.

As I recall it was sold by Anilam whose founder was Jay Malina.  If you spell Malina backwards: Anilam.

Anilam sold 2 different CAM products.  One that they developed themselves and the other was where  Anilam was re-branding Mastercam and selling it under their name as part of a package for their retrofit controls.  That would have been back around version 3 or maybe version 4 of Mastercam.  I can't remember the names that they used for which product.

I was involved with selling and servicing both products back then.  1988-1989?

I remember Anicam.

As I recall it was sold by Anilam whose founder was Jay Malina.  If you spell Malina backwards: Anilam.

Anilam sold 2 different CAM products.  One that they developed themselves and the other was where  Anilam was re-branding Mastercam and selling it under their name as part of a package for their retrofit controls.  That would have been back around version 3 or maybe version 4 of Mastercam.  I can't remember the names that they used for which product.

I was involved with selling and servicing both products back then.  1988-1989?

I bought my system used from Gary Sladek at Machining Time Savers in 85 or 86??

The first machine wore out so he sold me another one..

I exhausted the world's supply of 8" floppies with that one and he sold me a copy of Anicam 2.0 running on DOS 2.0 and an IBM XT

Then a new seat of TekSoft... which morphed in ProCad 95

Procad 97 was sourced out to offshore coders and it was a crash fest.

I gave up on it and I bought a seat of Mastercam V7 in 98

• 1 month later...

As far as I know you can't change the size.

Some idiot decided it looked better to have all your stuff a jumbled mess.

They probably forgot to hit the return key in between Line and Parallel so it had the room

for a larger icon.

ex:

Line

Parallel

instead of

Line Parallel

But now it cant be fixed until the next major release or two.

• 6 years later...

I'm gonna drag this old thread to the top to ask the question again. I just setup a custom ribbon and was disappointed to see all the icons different sizes. I'm guessing there still isn't a fix for this?

If that is the case, my next question is, are yall still using the quick access toolbar for a custom "ribbon"? Or is there a better way in the newer versions?