Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Clarrification

aft

I read everyone's input and appreciate it.

Mastercam is a great product and I can't wait for X.

emastercam.com is a great resource. The archives are a wealth of knowledge. The current users are a wealth of knowledge. I personally appreciate the awesome and timely help that I have been given here.

My only point is this...

This forum carrys the registered trademark of CNC Software, Inc. Personal attacks and harrassment have no place here.

If this was a general Internet forum, anything goes. This is a site used by Mastercam customers. Paying Mastercam customers come to this site seeing the registered trademark in the name. New users, myself included, are shocked to be immediately attacked by a VERY small minority of forum users.

My observation was that I would be able to block some users input. I even admit that those users have infinently more knowledge of Mastercam and this industry in general than I do.

I am aware that UBB.classic 6.6.1 is not capable of users blocking users. Maybe it is time, in my opinion, that emastercam.com moves to UBB X.

Let me express that it is my opinion that 99.9997 percent of the 7500+ users registered in this forum are here to gain and share knowledge. My complaint is with the VERY small minority of forum users who are out of control and spraying graffiti all over the forum.

I am expressing my concerns to the management and ownership of CNC Software, Inc. outside of this forum.

Look man, I come here because of the diverse variety of people, and if you ask something get 12 bull#$%t replies and one person answers or helps you solve your problem then why cause waves,

Maybe 2 to 4 percent of issues can not be answered here. Just deal with a little sarcasim and attitude and be humble that there is a place like this, Its sad to say but I havent been a Mastercammer for about 9 months now but I still learn daily from this forum.

rolleyes.gif

Ever stop to think that those of us that are out of control are not really out of control at all, but rather more in control than the others, because we don't put up with sh!t like this? And we don't put up with people asking for freebies when it is stated extremely clearly in the FAQ? Of course you didn't. Or people getting pissy when they don't get the freebies they want and expect? You most certainly didn't.

You don't have to read my posts. I could care less. My life will go on just as well without you reading my posts, and believe it or no, it really won't hurt my feelings. It's really easy to spot my posts, too, so there's no reason you should have to read them.

The fact is, if you go and look at all my posts, you'll find that I treat people with respect, when they deserve it. But when they don't, like in this case, they get slammed. Kind of like you're getting now... wink.gif

Bottom line; abide by the rules, be respectful, be helpful if you can but always be thankful when you're helped, and you'll have the respect of EVERY SINGLE SENIOR MEMBER ON THIS FORUM. Period.

This, of course, is contingient on whether or not you've burried yourself too deep and p!ssed of some of those members to the point that you'll NEVER recieve any help from them.

You came here looking for help. You got that help, got your problem solved, then read a post from an guy that got slammed for being out of line, and decided this was the path you want to take?

That's your problem, not mine. I'm not going to change, and I seriously doubt many others will. So you've got 3 choices... Learn to deal with things you don't like, stop reading my posts, or stop coming here. (The latter wouldn't hurt my feelings a bit, but you'd lose out on the biggest resource, and fasted, to get your problems solved.)

So suck it up, grow up, start acting like an adult instead of jumping on a bandwagon you seem to know absoltely nothing about.

BTW, try not to ba a coward, and come out and tell someone if you have a problem with them. *cough* Rekd *cough*.

Mkay? Thanks!

'Rekd teh wishes stupidity were painful

I agree with Mold100 and Rekd, above.

I´m new in this place, but i perceive that the atmosphere here, it´s to guys helping guys, and the minority mentioned by you, aft, it´s unworthy, despicable, and not deserve attention.

In this place have great guys, like Millman, Meyette, Rekd, Iskander, and many others, that make this place, a great place to learning, about ours professions and about life.

Without want to offend you, take easy man, look the good things here! smile.gif

Best Regards cheers.gif

[ 01-14-2004, 11:12 AM: Message edited by: CAMFUN ]

Not trying to take side's but i can agree with both sides, sometimes things can be a little harsh. I can understand one person getting the point across but then there is a following of band wagon jumpers there after. Some people dont relize a posts means alot more to others. I am not wanting to start no flame war I respect everyones right to there own opinion. I would like to see a permanent post up top

related to "asking for posts" because this happens about once a week. These people that do this I think for the most part honest and have good intentions but just didnt take the time to read the FAQ section. Be easy on me folks this is just an opinion.

Bucket,

Don't worry, the Wiggles thing goes by pretty quick. Pretty soon it will all be about Bob the Builder and JoJo's Circus... Oh, and the 4,000th time you get to watch Nemo is also a real treat wink.gif

It's funny, my TiVo holds 35 hours, at least 30 are taken up by kids shows (my 3 year old has absolutely no idea what a network schedule means... I want Bear In Th Big Blue House NOW!!

(BTW, the other 5 seem to be relegated to soap operas... What a waste of HD space)..

The nice part about this forum is that you don't need to pretend to be professional. Everyone here knows professionalism is a given. That is why you can come here and speak your mind and still give and take respect. Like the real eng/shop atmosphere in and out of work.

You can't filter reality , so swish it around like a fine wine and and indulge yourself in the passion of other folks. Best we can all do.

I personally luv it and wish i could contribute more.... cheers.gif

Hey Bucket head, count your blessings man, my 17 year old just totaled his 2nd car frown.gifrolleyes.gifmad.gif I don't think he understands how this insurance premium thing works frown.gif

hey aft, I had a forum member call me today and spend 45 minutes of HIS time ( thanks again Chris) helping me with MY problem. This is a man that didn't know me from squat, half a country away.Where else do you find that. I hope you can find a way to turn things around here because I feel there isn't a better source of knowledge available anywhere. I've learned more in a couple weeks searching back through old threads than I have in over a year of trying to learn things how I normally do, trial and error. biggrin.gif and error biggrin.gif .........and some more error biggrin.gif

mike

quote:

My complaint is

My very first post here was questioning the severity of a 'bonkin' on someone who also asked for a free post.

But 'complain'? about what? this forum doesn't cost anything as far as membership dues or anything. If I dont like the rules, then I dont have to play. Are you complaining about freedom of speech? LOL

I know that there are people who make a living doing post work, and I'm not one to undermine their lively hood by giving a post away.

The 'minority' are who they are, and it's not my place to judge them (i'm not worthy of the first stone) they were here when I came, and I felt compelled to join just the same.

I have found that there is a surprising number who do not read the rules. or test the water before jumping in. this displays a disrespectful arrogance to senior members. that can be taken as a slam, or constructive criticism. How you take it goes to your character.If someone came to my house, and lit up a cigerette without asking, then they could expect a bonkin.

I'll survive my berating, and these guys certainly break up the monotony. cheers.gif

oh, I had to create this login at home under a diff name, this is my first post on this name.

[ 01-14-2004, 10:02 PM: Message edited by: Phred ]

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

aft,

How about a real name and a real location if you're going to come in here and slam the forum and what version of UBB they use. You should feel lucky they let people in here free of charge.

quote:

I read everyone's input and appreciate it...

My only point is this...

Nothing good ever comes from something like this. You should have just said "I read everyone's input and appreciate it but..."

As the recipient of (most likely) more unwarrented personal attacks than any other member here, I find your asessment to be WAY off base. This place is a "community" made up of 7,000+ members. As with any "community" with more than 1 person conflict can and WILL arise. Rekd is the enforcer, it used to be me but I'm more of a voyeur now. I prefer to sit back and watch someone get verbally pulled through a knothole. Like somebody said in another topic "...This is better than TV...". Don't get me wrong, I have my days and have been known to be unkind but by and large I prefer to be helpful (as in, "The post on the CD is OK, but I really want to use different M-Codes for my coolant and I want it to turn on before the first Z-Move, can somebody show me what to look for?"), then give an answer if I can. There's not a person in here that knows the answer to this that would not chime in with something positive, and perhaps show them even more that what they were asking for in the first place. But to come right in and right off the bat ask for something for free??? That's like a bum coming up to you on the freeway offramp and asking for money. Sheesh, at least offer to clean my windows or something. To me it's the same level of disrespect. Or how about this, someone comes into your house, you meet them and right off the bat they ask you for money? How cool is that??? Not very.

This site is not run by Mastercam, they have very little to do with the content on this board. They will intervene in some circumstances but usually not. When issues of resellers service (or lack thereof), pricing, piracy arise then you may see the mbut by and large we police ourselves. If you don't like it... "Don't let the door hit ya where the Good Lord split ya..." I'll tell you right now, you'll not find a more knowledgable group of individuals AND FOR FREE than you will in here. Many of us could be paid consultants and earn a fair amount with our knowledge but we choose to share our experience, expertise and wealth of knowledge out of the kindness of our hearts, but you have chosen to slap us in the face... I see how it is...

OUT!!!!!

[ 01-14-2004, 10:37 PM: Message edited by: James Meyette ]

eek.gif James likes to watch! eek.gif

James,

I,like you, started out with kill'em all. That was back when Metallica was not cool here in NC.

MOP was last real kick xxxx album and has went more mainstream each release.(I heard Lars Upchuck say"We're selling out every concert" So does that poser Micheal Jackson!)

But, Have you heard "Gone With You"?

First time I heard it I thought of you.

So from now on instead of "OUT" I would appreciate it if you would say

"GONE WITH YOU"

I think that would be more fitting.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Jimmy, I've not heard their new release 'cept for "Saint Anger" and it was pretty lame so that kinda turned me off. You have an MP3 snippet of the song you're referring to?

I'm Old School. I want to hear BANG YOUR HEAD fast Heavy Metal. Not this lame watered down garbage the record industry is trying to spoon feed us these days. Kill 'Em All, Ride the Lightning, MOP. Although a few tracks on And Justice For All are worthy of the Metallica name but for the most part no.

I'm gonna side with aft for minute, only because the general reactions here tend to be grossly disproportionate - like aft flicks a beer cap, and we drop a nuke in retaliation.

Many of his points were valid:

quote:

Personal attacks and harrassment have no place here.

True - it's right in the board rules.

I think the biggest issue is that we prefer to see commentary of this nature from members who have contributed slightly more. e.g. If you want my personal advice, don't stand up for an unpopular view point right off the get-go. Someone talked about testing the waters for a while - good advice.

The board is essentially self-moderating - by the members. If you take a swing at the members, you may suffer at the hand of their 'moderating' efforts.

In general, I'd suggest that we all take a 'chill pill', back off slightly on our heavy handed responses, and hope that new members like aft stick it out to become contributing members.

[ 01-15-2004, 10:50 AM: Message edited by: Webmaster ]