Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Possible phishing email from Cimco?

jeff

Probably a spoofed email address. Depending on the program you are using for email, you can sometimes just hover your mouse over the sender's email address (in Webmail for example), and your browser will display the actual (real) path to the sender in the bottom of the browser window. There are similar types of options in Outlook that let you view the actual "source" text of the email, and you can discover the real sender and a bunch of other info.

If you are using Outlook, don't view the message in the Reading Pane. Instead, double-click the message in your inbox to open the actual message, but do not click on the attachment. Then go to the File Tab or File Menu, and choose "Properties". This will display the Properties box, and at the bottom is the "Internet headers" section, where you can view the "trip around the world", the actual servers that the message went through on its way to your inbox. This usually also reveals the true identity of the sender, and the "alias" (spoof), which is the name that appears as the "sender" in Outlook, but is just a "display name", and not the actual loser that sent you the phishing scam...

I got that same email and it is coming from a cretible email address whom we have worked with in the past. I tried to open it because I have worked with Jody before and the email address is the same but when you open the PDF it does not open and wants you to log in. I am just guessing but I think perhaps her email was compromised since some of my colleagues got that same email and it sounds like others too. Nothing that I know of happened to my computer from opening it but I wouldn't advise opening the pdf just to be safe.

• Like 1

Sorry about this folks we are aware of it. I was surprised all of you got it. but our COO email got hacked. please do not open and follow the link to your gmail accounts you may have. if you did follow it thru please change the Password on that gmail account.

We are sorry for any inconvenience this may have created.

Cimco Americas team.

• Like 1