Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

i can not pick on anything

red sox fan

Just last week I seen this for the first time on a customers computer that we were working on. We were in Mastercam almost all day and one time it would not select anything just like you were describing. Our remedy was to shut down and re-open just like you mentioned and it did fix it as well so I think I have seen this exact same thing that you are describing but also cant pinpoint what caused it.

On a side note though, I just looked to see what computer specs we were working with and that computer was using a Xeon Processor and a Nvidia Quadro K2000D gfx card (gfx driver version 9.18.13.4105)

im using NVIDIA Quadro K4000

driver 6.1.7600.16385

i will have IT guy update driver version

this is really getting annoying.

thanks for all the input.

Mike I have the same card and I have been fighting the Video issues since I bought this machine.

I did alot of research on that video card and found out that Nvidia, knows about the bugs in the video driver and there is no fix for them or is there any

plans to patch it. 

Their words were, " update your video Card".....

It is a flaw in the card and they tried a bunch of times to fix it.

on my machine I have to run my video in basic mode as Aero will not even work.

If your machine allows you to use Aero mode, I would suggest you set it to basic and at least get the best you can get.

But running twin monitors I get crazy glitches with popups like the tool manager and others if they are moved to #2 monitor.

Stuff disappears all the time, gets garbled.   sometimes the whole tool manager will blend into the screen wallpaper and the only thing that will be visible is the buttons.

Take my advice and get a different card....I am as soon as I get some spare cash...

• Like 1

Sanity?  I've never encountered that in Mastercam.

I have had it happen where I'll stop being able to select geometry.  Short of restarting Mastercam I have found that often turning the geometry's level off and back on will clear it.

Ya that is how I refresh the video glitches too...I "X" out of the managers popup then hit view to bring them back.

I have the levels,planes,tool-paths,recent, on one screen and can cycle through them with the buttons at the bottom.

Right now I have this weird glitch where part of the entity selection popup appears at the bottom of the level manager window and covers up the entry fields.

Funny thing is that I have this popup coming up on the other screen and don't know how it even got over to that one to get blended into the 

level manager....I am writing it off as the video driver is nuking my workspace file...

I have been having to replace the saved copy more frequently these days due to the plane manager getting all screwed up.

• Like 1