Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

ot Winter wonderland

Move to Iowa, our DOT may not be the best at getting the stuff off the roads... but everyone learns to drive through or on top of the snow. Heck it can snow here just about any month of the year! Maybe a few tornadoes too, January 1967 there were 23 tornadoes one day.... unusual in the winter but still happened. Expecting 3" of snow this afternoon-evening, followed by 5-7 tomorrow, and a couple more Monday night into Tuesday morning. I'm actually looking forward to the snow. Cold black/gray/brown ground isn't too pretty. The snow adds a little beauty and adds moisture to our parched soil... the eventual mud is a lot better than dust and it'll put some water back into the lakes and rivers for spring fishing!

Making the snow blower earn its keep!

Harryman

My mom is from the mountains down here, which everybody can see. My Dad is from Detroit. 3guesses where I was born. Detroit. Lived there till 7-8. Remember snow bluffs up to roof.

Before all ya'll get to thinkin "Jimmy is yankee scum?" Recall the wise words of PBpaul "If a cat has kittens in the oven you dont callem biscits!"

From weather channel page for my area...

quote:

Severe Weather Alert from the National Weather Service

...KEWAUNEE-MANITOWOC- INCLUDING ALGOMA AND TWO RIVERS 510 AM CST MON JAN 26 2004

... WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 3 PM TODAY THROUGH NOON TUESDAY...

SCATTERED LIGHT SNOW OR FLURRIES WILL BECOME A STEADIER SNOWFALL BY THIS AFTERNOON. IT WILL CONTINUE THROUGH MIDDAY TUESDAY... WITH TOTAL SNOWFALL ACCUMULATIONS OF 5 TO 10 INCHES ARE EXPECTED. BRISK NORTHEAST WINDS WILL CREATE BLOWING AND DRIFTING OF THE POWDERY SNOW.

PERSONS PLANNING TO TRAVEL ACROSS EAST CENTRAL WISCONSIN... ESPECIALLY ALONG THE LAKESHORE... SHOULD EXPECT DIFFICULT WINTER DRIVING CONDITIONS THIS AFTERNOON THROUGH NOON TUESDAY....

This is on top of the 5 to 10 inches we already have.... cheers.gif

Weather report for our area. Too bad the eMastercam.com webserver can't also function as a snow blower biggrin.gif

quote:

ISSUED BY ENVIRONMENT CANADA

AT 5:33 AM EST MONDAY 26 JANUARY 2004.

WATCHES/WARNINGS IN EFFECT FOR SOUTHERN ONTARIO...

WINTER STORM WARNING FOR:

WINDSOR - ESSEX - CHATHAM-KENT

SARNIA - LAMBTON

ELGIN

LONDON - MIDDLESEX

SIMCOE - DELHI - NORFOLK

DUNNVILLE - CALEDONIA - HALDIMAND

OXFORD - BRANT

NIAGARA

CITY OF HAMILTON

HURON - PERTH

WATERLOO - WELLINGTON.
<-- this is us

MAJOR WINTER STORM FROM OKLAHOMA BRINGING HEAVY SNOW AND

BLOWING SNOW TONIGHT AND TUESDAY. ICE PELLETS AND FREEZING RAIN

NEAR LAKE ERIE TONIGHT INTO TUESDAY.

THIS IS A WARNING THAT DANGEROUS WINTER WEATHER CONDITIONS ARE

IMMINENT OR OCCURRING IN THESE REGIONS. MONITOR WEATHER

CONDITIONS..LISTEN FOR UPDATED STATEMENTS.

SNOWSQUALL WARNING FOR:

BURLINGTON - OAKVILLE

HALTON HILLS - MILTON

MISSISSAUGA - BRAMPTON.

SNOWSQUALL WITH WHITEOUTS FROM HEAVY SNOW AND BLOWING SNOW

COMING IN OFF LAKE ONTARIO TODAY.

THIS IS A WARNING THAT SNOWSQUALLS ARE IMMINENT OR OCCURRING IN

THESE REGIONS. MONITOR WEATHER CONDITIONS..LISTEN FOR UPDATED

STATEMENTS.

quote:

(For those that dont know the south shuts down after .5")

Thats because it is .5" of solid ICE.

It never snows here. Only sleet.....I am still waiting on this years freeze....I think it got down in the 30's for a couple days a few weeks ago. Bout 75 outside right now.

I wish it WOULD snow here.....kill some of the bugs....

Hey Jimmy, got your studded tires on? biggrin.gif

When I lived in NC everyone had 2 sets of tires.

I always wondered what all those holes in the tread were for rolleyes.gif

Murlin

Chris and Paul,

4 x 4's are a status symbol down here, Heck I have 2 of em. I have seen alot of them stuck in the middle of road in 3" of snow. On the same note, in michigan I've seen people in pintos zooming along 60mph in 4" of snow.

I like to riding up in the mountains in the snow if I dont have to work(yeah right). I think the snow is better driving than the red clay mud we have down here.

Paul,

Where were all the patriot fans at when they were leaving out? I think they were scared to show their faces in public maybe.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Speaking of Okuma's Service and snow in the same sentence...

quote:

...You'd think with all the 4X4s you hillbillies have this wouldn't be a problem...

ROFL!!!!!!

quote:

No Jimmy; just that we've actually been to the playoffs before so we don't get as wound as you guys...

Dang! CHris is in rare form today. biggrin.gifwink.giftongue.gif Pulling out all the stops. Next thing you know,he'll be talking about belt buckles as ID badges! eek.gifbiggrin.gif

Chris,

I am but a humble Mc reseller. Oh I know you guys see the 2 4 x 4's and think I'm well off, but that is not the case.

If the patriots win then you'll get the chance to say you were right (which is probably a thrill) and I'll admit that I was wrong(Katie will tell you how rare that is)

Other than that I would just like to see them win.

O another note. I'm sitting looking out the front window at my neighbor ride up the road, then back down the road after not making it up the hill. He has done this no less than 30 times today. When I came in a little bit ago I found out, much to my surprise, that he has very effectivly polished the ice on the road. Gonna be a pain in the morning.