Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Haas Disk Abort on USB

Stephen

I can't transfer a USB  file(MC) over to memory on my VF-2. I have renamed the file and I have plenty of room on the drive. Older files on my USB will still transfer. The weird part is I can select and open the problem file in the editor. Very frustrating! What am I missing?

I finally figured it out. I renumbered my file to  O8665 instead of O9665. NEVER name a file O9XXX for transferring USB files to the controller. I had no idea about this and it did not come up in my Haas training's or classes. I think it's tied to setting #23. Does anyone know more about this?

Steve

Yes, if setting 23 is off, then you can bring in a O9xxx program. However, it is bad practice to use 9000 programs as part programs, as they should only be used for macros. 

.nc file will not work, change your file to .txt. That will work

This is incorrect both work