Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Import File

Tiggersman

nope

I don't believe that is even a CAD format

Open Mastercam, go file open....you'll need to get it from them in one of those formats

Edited by Guest

#1 parasolid .X_T   Always been totally bullet proof as a transfer file for me. Has anyone here ever had a problem with one of these?

#2   .STP / .STEP  Pretty good but I have had the occasional problem

#2 Solidworks PART files much the same as above, Solidworks ASSEMBLY files can be difficult

X

X

Last  .IGES files      I guess files notoriously bad for use as transfer files

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, nickbe10 said:

Last  .IGES files      I guess files notoriously bad for use as transfer files

Great how things evolved in the past 20 years... When I started IGES was cutting edge exchange format even being almost 20 years old at the time. Mitutoyo Cosmos Software liked the VDA format. 

Thanks everyone for the help !  Apparently they sent me the wrong file so Now we have a .PRT file that is 1 meg and every time we try to import it into Mastercam it request an access code.  I have reached out to our reseller but have not received any responses yet. 

Can anyone tell me how to open this file ? 

Thanks in advance

Sounds like a UGNX file.....though it "could" also be a Pro-E file,

The translator for both area purchased items......the only other one is the Catia translator...

See if you can get an x_t(Parasolid) ot .stp(Step File)

15 minutes ago, Tiggersman said:

every time we try to import it into Mastercam it request an access code

access code = a purchased file translator = $$$

as JP stated.. ask your customer to provide a step file or X_B or X_T

3 hours ago, Tiggersman said:

Thanks everyone for the help !  Apparently they sent me the wrong file so Now we have a .PRT file that is 1 meg and every time we try to import it into Mastercam it request an access code.  I have reached out to our reseller but have not received any responses yet. 

Thanks in advance

A .PRT file is a Pro Engineer file ( CREO ). You have to pay for a licence for the translator. As mentioned earlier, have them give you a neutral file like parasolid or STEP.

Carmen

17 hours ago, Tiggersman said:

Thanks in advance

If you're able to share the file, someone here at the forum may be willing to open it and convert it to step, parasolid, whatever for you as a limited time favor to get you through this one.