Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Any Nascar fans out there?

Scott Bond

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get this type of racing. The damn cars go in circle all the time. I was forced to watch it couple of times at some party and just can't find it even a bit interesting. And I like racing. Love Formula 1 and British Rally. At least there is some terrain and turns to test the driver skills.

In mine opinion, NASCAR and WWF gives the world wrong impression about Americans.

Wow Beav,,,

NASCAR is nothing like the WWF.

And also thank god it is nothing like formula 1

,,what a Yawn,,,

And as far as NASCAR giving the world wrong impression about Americans,As an American fan myself I would like to speak up . These 43 cars will be about 193 mph,,,3 wide and 14 rows of three wide. They will be trying hook up with a drafting buddy that will help push them to the front with a little team work thing called bump drafting.

Toyoda is in the NASCAR trucks this Saturday.

I think they will get a perfect "impression" of the Chevy Chrome Horn on the back of there truck right about lap 7.

(Chrome horn ===is what they call the front bumper)

02|13|04

Florida Dodge Dealers 250

Coverage begins at 8:00p.m. ET

I’ll admit that some NASCAR racetracks do not showcase the intensity of what these guys do but when was the last time you saw Formula1, Indy, Kart, or any open wheel cars on asphalt for that matter, in four wheel drifts side by side, (and at times three wide), at 170 MPH? The finishing order of the last Formula1 race I watched was determined before they reached the first turn. Then I guess it’s all about watching pretty little million dollar cars go by single file. No offense beave but I think you haven’t really experienced a real down and dirty, smash em’ up, parts flyin’ NASCAR race. These guys keep racing whether they damage the car’s aerodynamics or not.

Give it another chance -at a road course like Watkins Glen in your neck of the woods.

Like I said. I only watched it once so I don't understand the rules and all the technology involved in those racing cars. I do travel quite a lot to Europe and always get the same crap from English, French and Germans about how we must have a fish brain to watch NASCAR (fish brain capacity is around ten seconds long, so each racing loop is new to us) or how we think that WWF is for real. I just wish they wouldn't show these events on national TV.

Does anybody use the "Track Pass" on Nascar.com to listen to the scanners and all the other stuff. I think it is well worth the money! It just adds that much more to the race!

Listening to the interaction between driver and crew is great. Specaily listening to Rusty whine all the time, it makes for good laugh's! biggrin.gif