Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

sim ends

DavidB

I would like to no how long it takes to get a permanent code from USA.We have V9 sp2 mill level 3 and lathe level 1,and i just got solids.I recieved a temp code for the solids which runs out in 4 days (it was for a month).Authorization of sim runs out in 4 days is the warning i get when starting either Lathe or Mill.I keep emailing my local rep but get no responce.He said the USA is tied up with all the matianace enquiries,thats why i cant get a permanent code. In 4 days will i be able to use Mastercam at all or will just the solids drop out?

cheers.gif

3 days to go now.My local reseller said he has not recieved the codes from USA yet.Im getting concerned.I don't want to go over his head and get him in trouble but what should i do? He said I will get the code before it runs out.I sure hope so.

cheers.gif

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

It's always an option to call CNC. Don't look at it as going over your reseller's head, look at it as expediding the process. I don't mean to say keep you reseller out of the loop, but when you reseller is not available for one reason or another, CNC is available. Just be cautious of the time difference. You're what, a day plus like 8 hours ahead of the West COast on the USA???

Ok i have two days left no responce from reseller and by the time im able to ring the USA because of time difference it will be down to 1 day.Where is the best place to get CNC's phone number and what department should i ask for?

Thanks for a quick reply.

cheers.gif

David,

You are on the other side of the International Dateline so you are one day ahead of the US.

When you posted at 12:15 PM 02/12/04, it was

5:15 PM Pacific Standard Time on 02/11/04.

CNC Software is on the East Coast, 3 hours ahead of us, so...

At 12:15 Thursday afternoon your time, it was

8:15 PM Wendsday night at CNC Software. If you call them at 1 AM Friday night your time, it will be 9AM Thrusday morning in Conneticut.

Good luck

Like Jimmy said earlier,

If all else fails, you can reinstall your old codes and restore your sim to a pre-solids condtion.

I'm hoping this International Dateline thing doesn't mean you have a day less than you think you do frown.gif

[ 02-11-2004, 10:41 PM: Message edited by: gcode ]

David,

By my count, you need to make your phone call

10 hours from now. That will be 9AM Eastern Standard Time.

The bright side is, it will be Thursday morning at CNC Software and you'll have 2 full working days to get the problem fixed before they break for the weekend.

david,

quote:

If anyone in this forum ever comes down under I'll buy you a real beer

does that mean if i'm down under i need to drink fosters standing on my head? ive been around frat houses when i was younger and that does not look like fun.

not to steel your thread just trying to lighten your mood . hope all goes well with your situation.

btw, cnc should be able to at least e-mail you another temp code for 30 days until your perm code arives from your reseller.

trevor cheers.gif