Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

O/T - favorite PC games

mayday

Okay -

Now I feel really out of it.

I played several King's quest (where you solve puzzles instead of shooting down villians), Myst, and the 7th Guest/ 11th Hour series.

Last fall I started Syberia, but I havn't really taken the time to go very far in it.

Now , my son just loves the PS2 Navy Seals SOCOM, especially online.

Kathy

oh - did I mention I loaded up the Nancy Drew game I bought my daughter? She wasn't interested at all. Rather talk on the phone all day - go figure!

Bullines

I usually play as ///Aphextwin, TheAphextin or NUA|Aphextwin. Most of the Threewave guys are up in your neck of the woods, they are a great bunch of lads and have been doing a lot of commercial maps of late, SOFII (PC+Console), RTCW etc.

I have done a few installers, Urban Terror for Quake 3 was another I did, that is another awesome MOD.

PC games YEAH!..

Been awhile...Last weekend,felt a little nastalgia come on...Installed Q3..then tried to install Unreal..The first one...To my dissapointment...My disk is bad frown.gif . After several hours of polishing with buffing compound...very fine stuff...Still wont work...Oh well...Makes a nice tree ornament...Was a fun game when it would install..Played all of the DOOM series...All the Quake series..a few others...Half Life was pretty good...Waiting for the next revolution in games now...Spiffy new home system 3.2ghz,360gb HD's (SATA), 2gb PC3200 ram,128mb Radeon 9800 Pro... biggrin.gif

I like flight simulator from microsoft.

Using a GPS is a lot like numbers on the machine table.

When I plan a cross country trip in a 747,there are no signs in the sky.

Nothing feels better than creating a flight plan,then following it,and then landing in that exact airport!

Ps when I first started playing 5 years ago,I kept crashing the cessna 182RG.

The day I finially landed it I was soo proud...

I called my wife at work to tell her!

She didn't care........ bonk.gif

quote:

atari

I guess I'm a simpleton because I give you a big +1 on that. If you like the classics, check out www.classicgaming.com where you can download emulators for all the old favorites...Atari 2600, Intellivision, ColecoVision, etc. Galaxian, Megamania, Ms. Pacman, it doesn't get any better than that! biggrin.gif

Oh yeah, NHL 2004 is fun too. wink.gif

Thad teh "It's in the game!"

Thad,

One of my all time favs is Tempest, played that thing to death when I was a lad, as soon as Jeff Minter did Tempest 2000 for the atari jaguar I bought the console just for that game and it was and still is an awesome game. If you have not played this you are missing some of the best reflex gaming next to Robotron and Defender. You can pick up Tempest 2000 for the PS1 that'll play on your PS2.

quote:

as soon as Jeff Minter did Tempest 2000 for the atari jaguar I bought the console just for that game and it was and still is an awesome game

You are the first person I know to have owned a Jaguar. I remember the awesome-looking screenshots of the Jaguar version of Aliens vs Predator in GamePro magazine biggrin.gif The first 64-bit console...? I think it fared better in Europe than on this side of the pond, am I right?

Bullines,

I think it did do a little better in europe but with too few games and not enough support it just died.

I just finished reading The Ultimate History of Video Games book and it had a very good history piece on Atari among others, I highly recommend this book for any gamer. I also read The Masters of Doom and thats another great read.

BTW I still have the Atari Jaguar biggrin.gif

Ah PC games. The ultimate experience in personal entertainment. Many favorites including Descent (1-3), Doom, Quake 3 Arena & Team Arena, Need for Speed series, Tomb Raider series (only first one on pc, rest on PS1). I have Splinter Cell for Xbox and played Halo on it. Love them both, can't wait for Halo 2 and Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow.

Kathy,

I've also enjoyed the Myst series and the 7th Guest. I tried the 11th Hour but somehow got stuck midway through it. I couldn't figure out how to get past a couple of puzzles and gave up. The chess Knights puzzle in the foyer had me going for hours one night. Have you ever heard of the Journeyman Project series? I liked all three of them but the middle one is my favorite (Buried in Time: Journeyman Project 2). It was a few years ago. That was cool because you could play with items in time periods such as the Middle Ages and Aztec (Mayan) Mexico as well as in the future. I loved "launching" a catapult in the Middle Ages.

As far as consoles, who could forget Atari 2600. I still have mine with games such as Combat, Donkey Kong, and Spider Fighter (used to play that one all night when I was in HS). Then got a Nintendo, next was Sega Genesis, Playstation, now PS2 with my all time favorite racing simulation Gran Turismo 3 (only 50% complete with over 40 cars in garage and $1.8 mil in credit). I don't get a lot of time to play anymore since meeting my wife.

Toolfab,

You like pool? I own and have played all three Virtual Pool games. VP3 is the best. I can't get past the fourth room though when playing the "good luck" skill level. My winnings start to dwindle at that point in the "career". Maybe I'll check out the Yahoo Pool link. What's your handle if I go there? I'll challenge you to a match. I haven't played pool in a while but I should at least hold my own.

Long Live Video Gaming!! firebounce.gif