Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

New Machine - Mach Sim

I have laid out a new machine....in setting the tools I find my tool display is either too big or too small...

The stls in this case are in inch....I have tried them in metric and gotten the opposite effect

What am I doing wrong?

3jLNpG7.png

10 minutes ago, jeff said:

Looking at the 2.36in  (bottom right corner) it appears that the machine isn't scaled correctly.

In the fully assembled model that is in Inches, the spindle diameter is correct.....the table is correct 15.75"

I then simply save out the parts as stls's  no scaling

Edited by Guest

Perfect example....

all axis built.....all geometry in.....set the dynamic tool set and work set....

Close the file, open it again, all the scaling is off...

I think the larger issue is Mastercam itself...

Could be, I haven't done any in 2018.

But in prior versions, I  had those huge tool issues if I started from scratch. But if I started with an XML from a similar machine and then built around it, it worked fine.

I quit trying to figure why....

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Zoober said:

But in prior versions, I  had those huge tool issues if I started from scratch. But if I started with an XML from a similar machine and then built around it, it worked fine.

Way I always recommend anyone do it. They have some funky secret decoder ring stuff going on if you try it from scratch you don't need if you just take one close and use it to build yours.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Zoober said:

5 hours ago, C^Millman said:

Way I always recommend anyone do it. They have some funky secret decoder ring stuff going on if you try it from scratch you don't need if you just take one close and use it to build yours.

Ding, ding ding. We have a winner. 

The XML file can really cause some issues. Always start with a working machine sim.

This is so pathetic it's comical....

So, I copied the Horiz4Front.xml and renamed it to Mazak PFH-4800.xml which matched the folder name....

I deleted the geometry ONLY and added back in the 4800 geometry.....and now get this...

zmGKLHa.png

Does anyone have a suggest set of steps......to use  :)

8 minutes ago, JParis said:

I deleted the geometry ONLY and added back in the 4800 geometry.....and now get this...

the stl files are not oriented the same in the 2 sets of models

I think you  need to open each set side by side and translate the PFH-4800 stl files  so they have the same orientation as the files

you are copying

• Like 2

I "think" they are.....there's a machine transform happening in the build and the base comes in "good" then the axis come in initially good but then the transform rotates those components into the view shown.....

I am trying the 3_4AXGEN_HMCTB.xml right now

It "seems" to be closer......

1 hour ago, JParis said:

This is so pathetic it's comical....

So, I copied the Horiz4Front.xml and renamed it to Mazak PFH-4800.xml which matched the folder name....

zmGKLHa.png

Does anyone have a suggest set of steps......to use  :)

I did a horizontal last year using that same machine. I suggest taking all the stl files and putting them into a Mastercam file and seeing how they are orientated. They are not sitting as the machine sits. you will need to rotate them for everything to work properly. 

7 minutes ago, BenK said:

I did a horizontal last year using that same machine. I suggest taking all the stl files and putting them into a Mastercam file and seeing how they are orientated. They are not sitting as the machine sits. you will need to rotate them for everything to work properly. 

I did Ben....you are correct, the orientation was different....

I took mine, re-oriented and am in the process of trying this again

OK, after much aggravation, I finally got it....

When using another xml file, machine orientation is VITAL!!!!

Now, does anyone know how to associate the gif with the files to show the machine when picking it in the list? I've scanned quickly through the xml file hoping these was a ling that could be edited but I don't see one....

Never mind I got it....

Needs the exact same name as the xml file

Edited by Guest
2 hours ago, JParis said:

OK, after much aggravation, I finally got it....

When using another xml file, machine orientation is VITAL!!!!

Now, does anyone know how to associate the gif with the files to show the machine when picking it in the list? I've scanned quickly through the xml file hoping these was a ling that could be edited but I don't see one....

Never mind I got it....

Needs the exact same name as the xml file

Pay close attention to the size of the gif also. Anything not the correct size will not display correctly.