Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Z-CARB ENDMILLS

HEAVY METAL

These are great EM's. I made a cut with a 1/4 with 1" FL that cut .625 deep about 1" long. The EM didn't break, and probably cut 30-40 more parts after that.

Has anyone used the X-Prowder or Prower EM's (don't think it is spelled right). They are for Hard milling. They are good EM's for hard milling. They will cut62-65 rockwell easily.

quote:

Has anyone used the X-Prowder or Prower EM's (don't think it is spelled right).

You mean X-Power from YG (Korea ) ?

I use them a lot !

Great mills especially extra long little diameter mills ! (especially on high HRC (more then 60 ).

I also use solid end mills from Iscar ,Hanita ,Micro and SCT .

Z carb = 3/4"

2850 RPM - 18 to 28 IPM. I take light cuts ramp at 1 deg with air blast. we have seen more wear on the tool using coolant. stub holder is a must. any vibration and your toast. stay away from aluminum. they BREAK use Skee carbs for that

quote:

Where do you get them?

SGS

quote:

stay away from aluminum

Aluminum will chemicaly bond to the ALTiN coating on the z-carb. We use the recommended feed & speed on everything within the listed parameters with great results. I think their charts could be a little more specific though. we do back off for tougher mat'ls like H.S.S.s.

I helix into pockets at a 6deg. ramp angle with no problem but chip evac. is a must. I get better tool life in my prototraks that use drawbars than my cnc's with pull studs though.

try the v-carbs for finishing just stay out of tight corners, they kick arse.

I send mine back to SGS for re-grind, they strip them, re-sharpen and re-coat for about 50% of the cost of a new cutter. more important they are like new (smaller chip gullet of course). some of the re-grind services in our area are a little spotty on quality frown.gif

I do stay away from the square corner tools if I can, I order the sharp corner end mills with a .01 radius which costs me about $10. extra on a 3/4 dia. but does wonders for tool life. biggrin.gif

We use Fullerton EM for our electrode because they cut a trues straight wall holding .0002 tolerance.

We also use OSG for both soft and hard milling. OSG is coming out with a line to compete with Fullerton. If they do, its "one-stop" shopping for us.

As for z-carb, SGS is no longer in our area. Don't know why, they just stop doing buisness here.

Code_Breaker

cheers.gif

Z-carbs are great but. Hanita varimills seem to outperform them for us in stainless. and if I recall they even cost less. get the stubbies and hold them in the shortest holder posible and floood them with coolant they hate recutting chips

Cg

Someone mentioned the X-power's, great tools and the price is just as good. They have a lot of standard endmills that may be special orders elsewhere, they have a very nice line of extended length tapered shank ball endmills. Their recommended feeds and speeds weren't quite as aggressive as a few of the others around but they performed well and their roughers outlasted most others twice their price. I beleive they had an aluminum "line" but even their standard endmills evacuated chips well. Good bang for the buck. Now if money is no object...

JM2C