Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

10 posts free

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

POSTS? What are POSTS? biggrin.gif

all kidding aside

I guess I am the only one that has read the FAQ when I signed on as new member, rtfaq.gif I thought it might pertain very useful information, and I for one didn't ask for a post, I for one know MC has many post for machines but they don't have everyone for every machine and that they cost alot to get one made.

But sence Im new here and don't even have a copy,(other then the demo version) I don't NEED a post- hmm, but my teacher at school says he can make one, think he might teach me how? then you all can ask me for FREE POSTS cheers.gif

NOT!

BTW, can anyone send me a copy of the full version of mastercam? biggrin.gif

I think its fine if someone doesn't want to answer a question. But it takes almost as much energy to slam someone as it does to point them in the right direction.

The posting from dacey and the replys from gcode and Bucket are what I think Jimmy is talking about. Now if he asks the same question tomorrow, and again next week....THEN We Hit Him With The Big Stick bonk.gifbiggrin.gif .

But when your getting started, there is no such thing as a stupid question if you dont know. confused.gif

Well it's beer thirty in my part of the world.

Gotta Go cheers.gif

Mike Mattera

OK i'm new.

I use the Forum for imformation on things i'm not sure about, I would not think of asking somone to give me a post,but I may ask for advise when I modify the post I use. You saying dont help me till I give you some imformation?I know nothing...

I have asked for imformation, and have recieved sensible advise. What I got to do wait til I'm an old Buzzard then find someone to bicker with...

LOL.

George.

George,

Anyone here will help you with a question. Its the guys coming in looking for posts and not trying on their end that tend to get flamed.

We are trying to make it easier on new guys coming in here like you. Not everyone comes in here with an open eager mind.

Ask away George cheers.gif

PS We do expect you to help as you learn more, that is how the forum works after all. It started with James and rekd trying to create a line, and now look at it. biggrin.gif

This whole flaming thing is like anything else in life. It seems some people prefer to latch on to the negative aspect of just about everything. Like picking the flaming threads to raise above their heads and wave around for all to see and hear. When in fact the help posts outnumber the flame posts 1000 to 1 ...easily. And no , i did not do the math.

Generally speaking , it has been my experience that if you don't tell someone, they don't know.Go figure.Doesn't say much for effort, though.

Far as i can tell , webby states it perfectly clear in the first topic.We should set something up that doesn't allow you to post until you have AT LEAST clicked on "New users please read blah, blah,blah.....Hell, lucky for me , i didn't even know what a post was when i first signed on ! eek.gif

Then , if there is still improper conduct, let the sweet sound of the striker begin ! flame.gif

Well, I signed in this forum a long time ago, but I do not sow … at past time… many useful things on the forum, I sow indifference, and later I visited the forum for updates, new and it is all…

…Until now ... when I have some free time to spare and I look on posts…

… In addition, to resolve a prob. …maybe a bug of MC…with blank geometry on flip stock …if you don’t select this…

Now I see many people who are friendly and ready to help if you are in difficulty.

I am glad to see this, but this post maybe it is not a very good idea…

Paul

First: Welcome

quote:

I am glad to see this, but this post maybe it is not a very good idea…

Second: Please, unless you are deliberately trying to start a beef with people who, I'm sure you can tell, are already pretty fired up over the past week or so, don't start making vague negative statements about the forum in general or 'some' members as it is likely to further fuel the non-constructive flaming and bad feelings that are currently circulating.

Third: There are many Lathe users here [myself included] so any specific question that you have feel free to post a new thread about it and we'll work the problem with you.

C

I do not have intention to upset anyone of you or offense. Now I read more topics and posts and I see you have some attitude problem with some guy … curse.gif Pierce… and I understand why you react like this …Excuse my post maybe it’s to …… bonk.gif

It’ far away from me to act likes him.

Maybe my English it is far away from truth and my translation take other form, different compare with originally … in Romanian… confused.gif

Maybe it is a good idea to stop temporally my posts; I do not want to create animosity or something like this.

cheers.gifcheers.gif

I am too rookie compare with most of you and maybe younger and I will act properly for now on.

dacey, a whole lot of "generic" post processors are provided with the "legal" Mastercam disks. Almost all of them require some level of "tweaking" to make them machine-specific (or user-specific - we all have our ways of doing things). In some cases, it takes major work to get a post dialed in for a specific machine. Some members do the the "tweaking" themselves, some folks hire the expertise, and others buy a post from those who do it for a living. In all cases, it wasn't "free".....in some cases it was doggoned expensive.....

On a certain level, it is rather like asking you for a set of your car keys so that I can use it whenever I feel like......

I suspect that these reasons, more than anything else, are why curse.gifbonk.gifbanghead.giffirebounce.gifflame.gif results from someone asking for a post...

Edited::: MANNNNN I don't know what happened - when I started to reply, dacey's post was the last one in the topic - now my reply is a page later - WHO HIT the time warp button????????

quote:

MANNNNN I don't know what happened - when I started to reply, dacey's post was the last one in the topic - now my reply is a page later - WHO HIT the time warp button????????

I suspect you were reading an old page that was cached on your hard drive and it refreshed itself when you replied.

Then again.....

It could be the....Twilght Zone

MetalMarvels,

quote:

WHO HIT the time warp button?

Don't feel bad Gary. This often happens to me. I find that I can't type fast enough for some of the replies I make to topics here. By the time I get done, the post I was replying to is half a dozen posts in the past. Go figure. I guess that means this forum is working. It's got the fastest response time of just about anything on the net. cheers.gif