Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

10 posts free

In order to make it easy on new members to get started posting on forum I was wondering if maybe we let them post 10 times before lynching them. bonk.gif

Now everyone knows I love a good flame.gif myself.

If we give them 10 posts with no flaming. ie: They can ask for a post, and be corrected politly.

That way if someone does come in without reading faqs and makes mistake they are not lynched after 1 post.

BUT... After ten posts when they switch from new member to member if they are acting like an idiot then we flame.gif them.

Jimmy teh What do ya'll think?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its a cold crisp morning. you can hear the breeze whispering through the pines. Jimmy is out before dawn, sipping his java. Just then a sound thru his headset. Its Rekd:

Hey Jimmy,I see one comming your way firebounce.gif I dont think I have seen this one before.

Jimmy: Do you think I should let him take some off my bait pile or just Blast him right away confused.gif

Rekd: Its up to you, you could drop from your tree stand and bonk.gif him ( my prefeard method)

or just let him graze a while, you know fattin him up a little tongue.gif

Jimmy: sip, sip idea.gif

Ten nibbles, thats it, thats all he gets

flame.gifflame.gifflame.gif

the rest of the hunters,stop by to see the trophi. WOW they say, cant wait to get one of my own

d00d

I think that is a winner. A free posts topic everyone would look at.

LOL! Mayday. biggrin.gif

I think ten posts or 3 as iskander stated would give us time to find a good tree and rope anyway.

10 stuck out cause thats when you become a member

Replies to newbie at post count 9

(I have changed the names to protect the identy of certain members)

Rekd_teh_wrecker: What was that? I couldnt hear what you were typing.

Cut_throat_Chris_M: Please restate that you little punk.

Maddog_Meyette: One more and I think you'll the answer you deserve.

Millman^mad: I have a machine like that

Iskander teh Killer owl: I advise you to rethink your attitude young forum member.

socklessjimmyjoe.... well he just waits for the post count to hit ten.

there are really to many to name, but you get the idea. Should be big fun, and also may keep from lynching innocent member.

Rekd, That is absolutely Brilliant. I like it!! The problem with tellin someone to read a the FAQ, is that they dont know what an FAQ is. If you just throw them into the FAQ, and the first thing they see says "You Must Read This Before Posting a Message" they are forced to learn the rules.

Jimmy: Great Thread! This might do it.

Well Gotta Go Read The FAQ. rtfaq.gif

I'm way past my 10 free posts biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Mike Mattera

Whats the fun in that?

How about when you go to post the first time an icon pops up like a read me file and you have to click I agree stating you read and understand the faqs, then let the flaming begin.

EDIT:doh-

Corey teh'dont start replying get up come back a few minutes later to finish it cause rekd will beat you to it.

quote:

How about when you go to post the first time an icon pops up like a read me file and you have to click I agree stating you read and understand the faqs, then let the flaming begin.

I had suggested something like this a while back..... wink.gif

I have little sympathy for ignorance.

You don't go to McDonalds and ask for a free 70 cent cheeseburger.

So why come to a forum and ask for a free post that someone spent hours to tweak.

Hi

Maybe there should be a 1 week time limit before they can post, then they can lurk around a little and see how the forum works, and get to know the etiquette expected here.

That way no one gets their feelings hurt (burnt)!!

flame.gif

take it from someone who asks dumb questions; It can be a little imtimidating posting here. confused.gif

Especially when you are new to MC and see the experience level on this board, and what happens to users who post the "wrong" questions.

But, as long as you are required to provide a sim (hasp??) # to post here, that should keep "I need a post for ________" requests to a minimum, and should keep new members from getting toasted!!

Thanks

John

Peter,

That would be good, but no fun at all. We have the new bonk icon and flame icon now and ... Well some people just need to be bonked. Otherwise we turn on ourselves. You know how hungry wolves are.

I wonder how come this doesnt seem to be such a big deal when I'm the one being called hillbilly or redneck. Or when someone asks me if I have a brace for my tooth.

I'm sensitive and when remarks like that are aimed at me I'll not post on the forum for atleast 1 minute. Thats 1 full minute that forum members are deprived of my infinite knowledge...

Hold one sec, I need to pull my boots up, its getting deep down here..

Yeah deprived of my knowledge and winning one tooth smile

(All powerful webby, can I get an icon of a smiley w/one tooth?)

You guys ever read the full document before clicking 'I Agree'? Like the one when you agreed to when you signed up for the Forum, or the one you agreed to to run Mastercam for the first time?

But scripts and 'stickies' and not calling the FAQ an FAQ will help?

I think we'll pay for everyone to attend 'finishing school'. Might be more effective.

--

Validating individual registrations would be full time job (read Membership fees). We run spot checks instead.

jspangler: I dont think you can do it by a 1 week time. Lots of the users create an ID and may not come back for a month. It's better to do it by number of posts. After 10 visits to the FAQ page some of it will HAVE to sink in.

And I think Peter hit the nail on the head. If you dont like the question, or think it's stupid, it is possible NOT to respond to it. You could move along to someone or something more deserving of your quality information.

I just dont want to see customers afraid to ask the stupid questions. How else can they learn unless they ask.

Mike Mattera

quote:

I just dont want to see customers afraid to ask the stupid questions

How else can they learn unless they ask.

People SHOULD be afraid to ask a stupid question.

This isn't Mastercam Basic Mill training, this is a user forum of professionals helping professionals. If you have NO CLUE as to what you're doing, get some training, or do some tutorials, or stay late nights and play around with the software; we did.

Make an effort to solve your problem for yourself before posting a new thread to find out how to zoom bonk.gif

Chris teh I'd rather be dead than lazy