Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

LANG clean-tec chip fan

1 hour ago, Newbeeee™ said:

And NEVER hit reset when it's running...

LOL now I'm curious. We use one in our automated drilling cell, as well as a programmed air blast to clean the jaws between parts. Sudden stop cause it to throw the blades? 

Can't tell me not to push a button without saying why, I'll go push the button to find out. We have a spare fan. :D

• Haha 1

When the fan stops the blades go back to being parallel to the spindle. The recommended operating height is less than the length of the fan in the closed/parallel/non spinning configuration. So if the blades are 6" long, and you are 4" off the parts when rotating, when you stop the spindle at 4" above the parts the blades will hit the parts.

• Like 1

So lucky... funny that we were having this discussion (we run our 260mm fan at 8k rpm, btw)...

So that drilling cell uses a network switch to pass signals between the robots, mill and plc. A loss of connection generates an automatic e-stop on EVERYTHING. Also, the network switch is on a separate circuit than the rest of the cell. Maintenance just happened to be screwing with the breaker when the fan was running... and it e-stopped while moving between positions and just barely missed the part.

Guess I don't need to press the button to find out what happens after all. 

• Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I used these fans about 15-20 years ago and had to stop using them all together when I had stripped all the paint off the inside of the machine running a 1018 kinda high volume job right at the height I was running the fan... oddly enough :)