Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Cimco HSM Licensing

lou

Hi all,

I just used the 30 day trial of Cimco HSM and I loved it!! I went to my Mastercam Reseller and got a quote. (I will not say for how much. wink.gif ) My problem is that I have 5 mill seats on a nethasp and I was told I had to buy ALL 5 seats of HSM to use it. When I had the 30 day trial on the nethasp it worked just like I thought it would. If one person used it the other one could not. That is the whole idea of a network license? Right? headscratch.gif

Anyway, I just wonder if anyone else has had some experience with HSM on a nethasp? confused.gif

Thanks in advance!!

Let me rephrase myself. Maybe I was unclear. Kind of hard to explain.

I have a NetHasp that has 5 Mill level 3 seats on it.

I want to buy 1 Cimco HSM seat so only one user can use it at a time.

I am being told that I can not do this.

Is this true????

Thanks again!! Lou

It is possible to buy only 1 Mastercam HSM Performance Pack license, even though you have 5 Mill level 3 seats on your NetHASP. However, that would not be a floating license, that would be a license tied to a local HASP, delivered by us.

A Mastercam HSM Performance Pack license tied to a NetHASP has to be for all Mill level 3 seats on the NetHASP, as we cannot check whether Mastercam HSM Performance Pack is in use on another Mill seat on the network.

• 1 month later...

Lou, I ran into the same problem you have with CIMCO edit. I have four seats of M/C and four seats of Esprit on my network. I have one seat of CIMCO, and was told I would have to purchase additional seats to "float" them on my network. I really only need two seats, but I need them to be able to float and not individual keys on 2 specific workstations.