Sign in to follow this  
ssmart94

Importing .JPEG

Hi all, 

I am trying to get a logo to import into mastercam for me to machine on a part, 

using Rast2Vec.DLL however it does not appear to come out how i want it to with a lot of lines where there should be arcs and not very smooth, 

Any help would be appreciated 

Thanks 

Make sure the jpeg is a high resolution photo, garbage in = garbage out.

It won't be perfect. Play with the settings. Better results with lines and arcs. I always had to create my own geometry and manipulate it. 

The most reliable thing I've found when trying to do this, is to make sure the logo is black and white only.  Something I've done also is convert the file to a .dxf file then bring it into Mastercam.  It still may not be perfect, but if the original image is black and white only, it will come in a lot cleaner than if it's not.  Hope this helps.

Brent

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, FunnyBe said:

Is there any other way to convert jpegs to dfx instead of asking someone to do it? 

Download a FREE program called Inkscape, this is a poor man's version of Adobe Illustrator.

This link shows how to use it and create the DXF. 

• Like 1

By  Adobe Illustrator.  Whats the logo I have a cd with a couple thousand logos on it .