Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X7 Startup Fail

Mick

I installed X7 yesterday, and the install went smoothly. I didn't use the migration utility, and just used the Update folder utility to update all my Machine/Control definitions/posts. I started up the workstation this morning, and X7 starts up ok, and then just before it is ready to use, it comes up with a Windows error along the lines of "X7 has caused a problem". It then shuts down. Nothing has been installed/modified since I last used X7.

So, I tried deleting the <username>/my mcamx7 folder so it would rebuild itself, and it now starts. However, it is extremely slow, and none of the menus or icons work. In fact, I can't even shut it down without going to the task manager.

I think a reinstall is in order here....

Update: I uninstalled X7 completely, rebooted, and then reinstalled.

The same error occurs: Just as it has almost started, I get "Mastercam X7 has stopped working. Windows is collecting information about the problem".

Nothing else has been installed since the initial installation yesterday, or this reinstall this morning.

Anyone else encountering this?

A couple of months ago many people had trouble launching X6

It turned out that the Customer Feedback Program server was down at CNC Software.

Shutting off the CFP in the Help menu solved the problem.

I'm not having any trouble launching X7, but I just checked my event log, and every other line says

"Cannot find the CFP server process. Function record not processed"

If you can get a launch, go to the Help Menu and shut off the CFP, maybe it will help

If you can't get a launch .. and you are getting a bunch of CFP alerts in the Event Log

Launch RegEdit

Go to

HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/CNC Software Inc. /Mastercam X7/Customer Feedback Program

right click "Enabled" and change it from a 1 to a 0

Ok, well, after uninstalling, deleting both the shared and user My McamX7 folders, and the program files\mcam7 file, and cleaning out the registery, then rebooting, and then reinstalling, it appears to be working fine.

I believed that I did not enable the Customer Feedback programme in the initial install yesterday (I could be mistaken however), but it is definitely not enabled now.

I guess I will see if this install continues to function ok.

Thanks for your help!

X7 worked for the first hour this morning then it crashed and will not open anymore. I know I did not sign up for the feedback program either. So I am uninstal/reinstall. How do I clear the registry files in windows 7??

On first install and launch the Internet Explorer window opens with the disclaimer, but the window where you have to click OK to finish launching X7 is not displaying for me. I do not have dual monitors. No idea where it is. All I can do is force close and start again hoping it skips that dialog box popping up.

Uninstall X7

Delete the mcam7 folder in Program Files

Delete your my mcamx7 folder

Delete the shared my mcamx7 folder

go to

Start/All Programs/Accessories/Run then type regedit and hit enter

go to

HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/CNC Software and delete the X7 folder

do the same at

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE

Please report any error messages as well as explain how you installed - the entire process. Also if you had X7 installed prior through beta or test drive, If you do NOT clean up properly it is possible to have files or registry settings left around that may cause weird issue like this.

Refer to this thread for instructions on uninstalling and installing X7. http://www.emastercam.com/board/index.php?showtopic=72523 In those instructions we have you rename folders instead of deleting in case there are some files you don't want to lose. If you had previous X7 installed, rename the folder. If not and this is a fresh install, delete the folders instead. You have to do ALL the steps to ensure nothing is being left around that may conflict with the released files and install.

If you are getting the standard windows crash dialogs, please include your contact information before sending the report. Then send an email up to [email protected] and let us know you submitted it and when it comes up we can have someone look at it.

Then when it does fire up I get this little window

hmm_zpsfebfde38.png

I think it says "You been here 4 hour! You go now!"

We have been made aware of this issue and we are working on looking into it. We do believe this is occurring after running the migration utility. The problem is this is NOT happening to everyone who runs the utility. We are trouble shooting what might be causing this. For those that have received this, please provide details about your install process - did you have a beta or test drive version installed or is this a fresh install? What products do you have installed in your X6? Where are your files located? The more information about your X6 & X7 installs the better.

Wow some strange stuff. I do not seeing this during Beta do you Gcode?

I have not had any trouble what so ever.. all of my installs through the beta cycle, PC and RTM releases

have been without issue

Don (CodeBreaker) had a tough time getting X7 Technology Preview installed.

Once he got a good install, he's been trouble free.

Please report any error messages as well as explain how you installed - the entire process. Also if you had X7 installed prior through beta or test drive, If you do NOT clean up properly it is possible to have files or registry settings left around that may cause weird issue like this.

Refer to this thread for instructions on uninstalling and installing X7. http://www.emasterca...showtopic=72523 In those instructions we have you rename folders instead of deleting in case there are some files you don't want to lose. If you had previous X7 installed, rename the folder. If not and this is a fresh install, delete the folders instead. You have to do ALL the steps to ensure nothing is being left around that may conflict with the released files and install.

If you are getting the standard windows crash dialogs, please include your contact information before sending the report. Then send an email up to [email protected] and let us know you submitted it and when it comes up we can have someone look at it.

Jim, someone may want to put that info here

http://mastercam.com...X7/Default.aspx

:harhar:

Once I deleted the registry files after the uninstall And reinstalled x7 It finnaly opened up without errors. My first install yesterday of X7 I did run the migration utilty and im not sure why I did because I never Have before. I wont make that mistake again. Thanks for the help guys. I hope it lasts this time